Chapter 56

IMPORTANT:

Is it just my Wattpad or did the dividing-picture-things bug out of some chapters? (For example, in chapter 2) If yes don't mind the masses of edited chapters in the next few days. While I am already at it I will correct spelling mistakes in the older chapters too.

AND

If you could freely choose a Vision, which one would you take?

"Her Excellency, I have good news for you!", Gorou manages to say while catching his breath

"Her Excellency, I have good news for you!", Gorou manages to say while catching his breath. He is pretty exhausted after having run the whole way from Nazuchi Beach to the Sangonomiya Shrine (minus the part that is traveled by boat of course).

And while he is still doing rather fine you are close to dying right behind him.

Kokomi rushes out of the shrine to see what's the matter. "Gorou? You sound so excited, what is it?"

"It's about (Y/N), they actually managed to stay safe and undetected the whole time! I brought them here."

The Divine Priestress spots your crouching figure behind her trusted general and quickly checks you for any wounds. "No visible harm... That's good. Soldiers, please carry them inside. Aether should come here any time soon by himself. If it is possible could you tell the Traveler to pay me a visit once you see him, Gorou? I know you need rest to but please wait here a bit longer."

"Of course."

Inside, Kokomi uses her hydro powers to help you recover while you both wait for Aether. It doesn't take long until he and the floating something join you.

"(Y/N)! You are back!" As relieved as if he finally found his long-lost sister, Aether sprints towards you and takes your left hand into his own. "Why did you suddenly disappear? What happened this time?"

At the same time Paimon gets a crushing hug from Rosa that leaves her completely breathless.

"For my standards... nothing too bad. Didn't Beidou and Kazuha already tell you about that though?"

"Kazuha and Captain Beidou? No. Did they know where you were all this time?"

"Yes, I was on their ship for the whole time. For safety reasons or something. That's why I want to know - What the fúck actually happened while I was away?! Gorou said that the Shogunate is searching for me but that makes no sense? I didn't do shít."

Kokomi sighs. "So that is why communication was so rough with the Crux fleet the last few days... As for the other part we were in fact hoping that you could enlighten us about the reason why the Shogun gave orders to capture you. If not even you know then there is no other person than the Shogun herself who knows the reason behind her actions."

"Could you maybe at least tell me what happened - generally I mean."

The pink-haired girl looks at Aether to do the retelling part. "Shortly after you disappeared the news about you being a new target spread among the common public. In addition to that - do you remember that time when I broke into prison with Yoimiya to free the man Ayaka asked us to and you went on a stroll with Thoma in the meantime? - some people saw you both and Thoma was captured to be interrogation because of that. Since he didn't know anything about your whereabout they had to free him shortly afterwards. But that alone was reason enough to make him the 100th candidate to get his Vision seized. I managed to save him during the ceremony and..."

"To get seized under the decree yourself?", you finish his sentence.

"Yes. And now we both are here because of the Resistance."

"Guys... Could somebody... free... Paimon from this thing's... death grip?" Paimon is still fighting with your pink companion. Kokomi sends a small water fish that scares Rosa enough to let go of Paimon. "Thanks."

"Did Ayaka get into trouble too? I mean Thoma works for the Kamisato Clan and she did spend some time with me too."

Aether shakes his head. "No. There was no proof that she had any contact with you apparently. According to Ayaka it was most likely her brother who did that damage control. It might have even been that Thoma would have received a greater punishment if it weren't for him too."

"Phew. At least that didn't escalate. So, what will we do now?"

"For now, we will help the Resistance, as long as you agree that is."

Smiling you ruffle Aether's hair. "Helping the Resistance is good. Thank you for helping the people in Inazuma even when you probably would prefer to search for me."

"You would get mad at me if I didn't after all."

"That shouldn't be your main motivation but I guess it works nevertheless." You yawn.

Kokomi stands up. "Maybe we should leave them alone for now. They need some rest. We could discuss some tactical matters in the meantime." She signals your friend to follow her.

Aether is hesitant since he prefers to stay at your side.

"I just need to ask him one little thing. You can go ahead."

Kokomi nods understandingly and leaves you alone with Aether and the floating companions.

"What is it that you wanted to ask me?"

"You saw the Shogun inside a strange space when you confronted her, didn't you?"

He nods.

"Did she mention me in any way?"

"So you know about that too... She did in fact. Only briefly but along the lines of 'You won't tell me where your precious friend (Y/N) is no matter what, am I right?'. After that she started to fight. Why are you asking?"

"I am trying to figure out what is going wrong again. I don't know if it's because I am exhausted but this makes no sense at all... Grrr. You can go now. Maybe my brain will process all these information better once I slept."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. This place should be safe. If you want to you can leave Paimon here. In case of an emergency, she will be able to tell you what happened."

"Alright then. Sleep well." Aether gives you a kiss on your forehead and takes the same exit as Kokomi.

Fortunately, your brain isn't working well enough to think anything of Aether's parting gesture and you fall into a deep slumber.

My game: You can't win 50/50. Never ever.
Also my game: Here a Xiao after 3 more pulls.
My heart: confused

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!