Chapter 45

Because of the fact that the stormy part of the way to Inazuma is yet to come, you, Aether, Beidou and Kazuha take some time off and sit on the rail of the Alcor

Because of the fact that the stormy part of the way to Inazuma is yet to come, you, Aether, Beidou and Kazuha take some time off and sit on the rail of the Alcor. From left to right in this order: Beidou, Kazuha, you and Aether.

"What a deceptive sight the sea offers us... In less than an hour we will have to pass hell itself.", Beidou points out.

"Already looking forward to it...", you sigh.

"Don't worry. Up until now me and my crew have made it through every storm. As long as you don't walk on deck during that time you should be fine."

"Hooray..."

You continue the conversation with stories of the past - some lighter some more serious. At the beginning everyone has an equal number of things to tell but after some time only you and Kazuha are capable of going on and on. All that time spent with Zhongli has paid off.

Beidou pours herself another drink. "Even if (Y/N) is less poetic, the knowledge by itself is impressive. You certainly would have won a story contest."

Shaking your head, you take a drink too. "Who knows... Actually, could I see that inactive Vision? I never had any kind Vision and I would like to see one close up since we have the time now."

"Here it is.", Kazuha hands you the valuable item.

With the Vision in your hand, you close your eyes. Oddly enough you can faintly feel life radiating from it. You embrace that feeling and small pieces of memories flash before your inner eye. A white cat playing with a leaf, a drink shared with Kazuha - all those small things ended by a single slash performed by the Shogun. Essentially, you can taste death because of which the sensation of small needles piercing your hands appears and out of shock you drop the Vision. Luckily Rosa manages to grab it before it is swallowed by deep sea.

"Whoaa... It sparkled for a moment! Does that mean (Y/N) is capable of awakening this Vision? But why did it turn blank again? And nice safe Rosa!", Paimon cheers.

You rub your slightly burned hand and meanwhile everyone stares at you bewildered.

"Rosa, could you give (Y/N) that Vision back?", Kazuha asks.

"Nah, I'll pass. That hurt me waaay too much. I mean it's dead again anyways so I don't think there's a point in handing it me back... Rosa, give it back to Kazuha."

Confused, Rosa looks back and forth between you and the white-haired male.

"Please, try it at least one more time."

"Fine..." You snatch the Vision out of Kazuha's hands and are ready to yeet that thing away if it tries to hurt you again but nothing happens. This time there is no reaction.

"How strange... Are you doing something different than the first time?", Kazuha's disappointment is clearly audible while he speaks.

You shake your head.

"Maybe we should try again later then. The upcoming storm is more important now."

Since neither you nor Aether have any proper experience in handling a ship during a storm Beidou leads you back to the room you previously woke up in. "In here you should be fine. Just remember to hold tight onto the immovable objects or else you might end up with a bunch of bruises all over your body. And (Y/N), if you want to, we can try to find a way for you to use that Vision later. Perhaps someone with electro abilities like myself could be of some help. I'm not forcing you to but I can imagine that those powers would fit you."

"Thanks, I will think about it."

Beidou smiles confidently and walks outside. "See ya."

Nobody was joking when they said that this ride will be hellishly wild. You are happy that Aether gives you extra support because otherwise you would have lost grip a few times.

At the same time Aether enjoyed your closeness more than he should have.

An hour later the Alcor is outside the critical zone and your body can relax again. Not long after that the ship comes to a halt.

"Fúck yes, solid ground! How much I missed you!"

Outside you are greeted by the bright light of the sun and, more importantly, a familiar land in which you have never actually been: Inazuma. Japanese-inspired buildings, the island scenery and on the distant mountain the Sacred Sakura Tree. Everything is more beautiful than any monitor could show.

Paimon seems equally impressed. "Oohh, so this is what the isolated nation looks like. It is completely different from Mondstadt and Liyue..."

"That's the Nation of Eternity for ya. While the outside is continuously changing, barely anything does inside here." Beidou observes the landing stage. "What a coincidence, our contact person is already here too. Come on guys, let's meet him."

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!