Chapter 11 Xbox

Izanami woke up with an achy body and a runny nose. It was the tiniest hint of yesterdays transgression and it was all so nostalgic. 

"Good morning Chizue" she hummed happily. The dog barked and the sound of her feet echoed through the apartment as she ran around in circles.

Izanami served her breakfast before going to make something quick for herself. She felt good. She finally felt evened out. Maybe it was Nishinoya's quirk or maybe it was her talk with Dabi. She was excited she convinced the boys to come visit her while Toga was away. Not too excited but it was a good feeling.

She texted Miki and Aina letting them know she was feeling better and that she'll be at work tomorrow. They were happy to hear it, the girls always gave her space and she was grateful for it. They were good friends but Izanami always kept them at arms length. Try and try as she might she never really allowed them to get close to her. She liked them and they were fun to drink with but she knew they would be fine never knowing anything about her. They lived nice simple lives and Izanami had to claw her way out of the trenches. Toga and The League were just like her. That's why she let herself get attached so fucken fast. She loved Toga and she deeply cared about the boys and she knew why she did, because they all needed each other.

Izanami looked around the apartment and thought of things she and the boys could do. She really didn't want it to be boring or awkward for them to be alone with her. Boys like video games right? An Xbox or something like that could be fun. It was a good thing she got up early, she could go to the mall and buy a game console, controllers and games before they arrived. She's never played video games but she'd watch Nishinoya play when they hung out.

She took the train to the mall and looked around the gaming consoles trying to decide which one was best. After talking to an enthusiastic teenager she bought an Xbox and 2 games on his recommendation: Call of Duty and Halo. The console came with a controller and she bought two more. She got home about an hour before the boys were supposed to show, just enough time for her to set up the game.

Chizue barked before there was a knock on the door and Izanami got up from the floor to look through the peep hole, double checking to make sure it was Dabi and Shigaraki. When she saw it was them she opened the door with a wide smile. "I have a surprise" she said, leaving them at the door. They both shared a look before stepping in and shutting it behind them.

"What is it?" Shigaraki asked, avoiding Chizue as she tried to greet him. She took a step back when he jumped away from her and went to Dabi instead.

"I got it this morning, the kid I ran into helped me pick out the games" she said holding the first player controller, pointing at the TV.

"Is that an Xbox?" Shigaraki asked in awe. He's always wanted to steal one but he's been too busy trying to destroy hero society.

"Yeah I didn't want you guys to be bored while you were here so I got Call of Duty and Halo but if you don't like these games tell me what you do like and I'll make sure to get it before you guys come over again" Izanami rambled. She couldn't help but beam when she saw Shigaraki's hands twitch in anticipation.

"Why'd you do that? Aren't these shits expensive" Dabi asked, looking away from Chizue to the TV with a slight frown. Why does she keep spending money on them?

"I told you I didn't want you guys getting bored with me. Besides, I don't ever spend money, it's just sitting there" she said picking up another controller and passing them over. "What do you guys wanna play first? I could make us some snacks"

"I don't want to break it" Shigaraki mumbled while holding the controller away from himself with his thumb and first finger.

"Don't worry if something happens I have a spare for now and I can alway just buy more" Izanami assured as she guided him to sit at the foot of Toga's bed in front of the TV. She gently pushed Dabi towards the console putting both games in his free hand for him to choose.