Chapter 16 Sensei was Wrong

Kurogiri has been up in the mountains looking for a valuable player and Shigaraki was getting impatient. How long does it take to find a giant? They haven't been answering their phone either, which is weird because they always answer Shigaraki's calls.

"Hey Boss, they got Kurogiri man" Twice said, walking into the common area.

"What?!" Shigaraki shouted as he shot up from the couch.

"Yeah" Twice nodded with a frown, "Giran just called me, said he saw it on the news, Eraserhead got 'em"

"Fuck!" Shigaraki said, scratching at his neck aggressively. Everything's been going to shit! He lost Toga and now Kurogiri. He thought after taking out Overhaul it all would've gotten easier. Sensei would be so disappointed if he could see how much a failure he was being right now.

Before Shigaraki could spiral, his phone rang. He glared down at it before he softened his gaze.

The Healer

Why was Izanami calling him? Did Toga attack her again? "What?" he asked warily.

"Hey Tomura! We were wondering if you guys wanted to hang out today and maybe spend the night? I'm working the night shift and I'm scared Toga'll get lonely" she whispered the last bit into the phone.

Shigaraki stayed silent. Why was she alway inviting them over? They were already going to have dinner on Saturday couldn't she wait 2 more days?

"We have some leftover cake! Bring Dabi and Twice" Izanami said, hanging up before he could refuse.

Shigaraki watched as his phone turned black in confusion.

"Who was it?" Twice asked, raising a brow.

"Izanami wants us to go over for cake" He muttered, "and spend the night"

"Cake! Spend the night?" Twice cheered then titled his head to the side.

"Yeah, she's working the night shift now" Shigaraki nodded absentmindedly.

"Dabi! Get your ass out here we're going to Izanami's!" Twice shouted in the direction of Dabi's room.

Dabi stalked in with a forced glare, pretending he didn't hear him. "What? I can't hear you from my room dipshit"

"We're going to Izanami's and spending the night" Shigaraki said, matching his glare.

"She has cake too! I wonder what for" Twice said while walking out the door.

"They got Kurogiri" Shigaraki muttered to Dabi as they both followed Twice.

"That sucks" Dabi groaned, "how are we supposed to escape when shit gets dicey?"

Shigaraki didn't say a word. Everything was getting away from him. How was he supposed to work under these conditions?!

—————

Izanami had asked Toga if she wanted to have a sleepover since she was going to work tonight. They had been sharing her bed since the incident and Izanami didn't want her to be alone if she wasn't ready. Toga agreed and told Izanami that she'd maybe tell the boys what she told her and they could have cake too. Izanami thought it was a great idea and seeing Toga so eager to share herself with everyone was so cute to see. She was finally getting to be happy.

"They should be on their way, I didn't give Tomura a chance to decline" Izanami smiled as she lazily tossed her phone on the bed.

Toga chuckled, she could tell Shigaraki liked Izanami enough to want to be around her. Which is more than she can say about the rest of them, they always seemed to annoy the shit out of him.