Chapter 12

Scott

Around 6 PM, I drive back to my house.

When I pull up to the parking lot I see a very familiair car. Fuck, Hailey.

''Where were you?'' She asks, once I arrive at my front door.

''I was at work Hailey, please leave.'' I say, clearly annoyed, putting my key in the front door.

''Why didn't you tell me you had a new job?'' She says, trying to get into my appartment.

''Fuck. Off. Hailey. I'm serious, I don't want to see you anymore, please just fuck off out of my fucking life!'' I yell, slamming the door.

''Scott! Baby!'' She yells through my mailbox.

''I have a fucking girlfriend, I'm not your fucking baby, get the fuck away from my house before I call the police Hailey!'' I yell back.

I hear a bunch of screaming and then angry footsteps.

I hear a knock on my door about 5 minutes later. ''Oh my- HAILEY! I TOLD YOU TO FUCK OFF-''

I pull open the door, only to see Thalia, looking scared, tears filling her eyes. ''I'm.. I'm sorry..'' She stutters, walking away.

''I'm sorry Thalia! Hailey was just harassing me, I didn't know you'd be here so early.'' I say, pulling her into my arms.

''It's okay, I should have texted.'' She says, letting me go and walking inside.

''Can I get you anything? Some water or..?'' I ask, closing the door behind me.

''No, no I'm good, I just wanna explain why I ran off.. you've been treating me so good. You didn't deserve that.'' She admits, sitting on my couch.

''You don't have to tell me, if you don't want too.'' I say, sitting on the other edge of the couch.

She fidgets with her nails and a tear rolls down over her cheek, landing on her jeans.

(Trigger Warning!!)

''I was.. uhm.. I had.. I was, kidnapped and raped.. When I was 14.'' She says, looking up at me. I wanna hug her so bad, I wanna kiss her lips and make her pain go away.

''Oh my god, what.. what happend? How?'' I say, reaching for her hand but she pulls away.

''His name was, uh Daniel Jones.'' She says, still stuttering.

''Daniel Jones?'' I repeat. ''Wasn't he on the news a like a week ago?''

''Yeah.''

''What happend between you two? How'd you meet?''

She takes a deep breath and tells her story, without me interrupting.

''Me and Daniel or Danny met online, when I was 14. He told me he was 16.''

She wipes a tear, continues and I listen to her.

''But he was actually 23, he looked or.. looks so young. He's now a little older then you. And I had no idea. The 2 year age difference didn't matter to me.''

''Mhm.'' I say, listening patiently.

''He started following me on Instagram and he send me a message. He said he saw me on his explore page and thought I was really cute. I of course, send him a message back because his pictures looked so.. hot and I never dated anyone so it was so thrilling to get a boys attention.''

''Yeah I can remember feeling like that when I got a girls attention for the first time..'' I whisper and she nods her head.

''Anyway. I really liked the attention Danny gave me. We texted every single day, he wouldn't tell me where he lived and I was stupid enough to fall for it. The only thing I knew about him was that his name was Danny Smith and he was 16..''

I interrupt, ''Wait wait wait, Danny Smith? But you told me-''

''His name was Daniel Jones? Yeah. His real name is. He told me his name was Danny Smith so I wouldn't look him up. Danny is his fake name.''

''Oooh..''

''The texting went on for months. Eventually we started facetiming and it was never long, he was always in a bathroom or in a kitchen. Everyone around me said he was so suspicious but.. I was.. I was in love.''

''When did you meet in real life?'' I ask.

''A few weeks before I started my freshman year at highschool..''