Chapter 13

Thalia

My heart is beating in my throat and I'm sweaty.

''Wow..'' He says.

''So uh, we met, we agreed on meeting behind the mall.. which was stupid because no one was ever there.'' I go on.

''He came walking around the corner at the right side and I turned around and waved at him. Before I know it, I'm in a car, tied up. He came around the corner, alone, so that I wouldn't look at the other side, his friends.. his friends uhm, came around the other corner, drugged me, blindfolded me and basically, yeah they kidnapped me.''

''Holy shit, that must've been.. so scary.'' He says.

The look in his eyes make me feel so safe, he really cares.

''It was. I was only 14. Surrounded by I think, about 7 grown men.. They took me to this house, his house was like.. like a fucking mansion, from what I saw, it was huge.

I look at him for a moment, fuck I wanna crawl into his arms so bad.

''Uhm well, so they uh took me, to a room on the top floor, it was a huge bedroom with a bathroom attached to it..'' I go on, still fidgeting with my nails.

''So uh, I don't wanna be rude but why did you panic last night in the shower and not before?'' He asks carefully.

''It's because he raped me in the shower.'' I say, looking him in the eye.

''Oh.. Shit..'' He whispers

''They left me alone in the room with Daniel, only with Daniel, no one else. I couldn't do anything because my hands were still tied.'' I take a deep breath. ''He stripped me down and I tried screaming but my mouth was ducktaped and every time I tried screaming.. He slapped me, and I was so fucking scared and I cried so much.'' I look at Scott and he looks back, preparing to pull me into his arms at any second.

''Oh my god Thalia.'' He has tears in his eyes.

''Because he didn't wanna untie me, he cut my dress because he couldn't take it off the normal way, I bought that dress for him.'' I start crying.

''He then took off the ducktape and took me in the shower, only when we were in the shower, he untied me so that he could hold my wrists and then he raped me, more then once. The water was so hot, like insanely hot. He also called me many horrible things and he spit in my face and I screamed and begged but he'd just put his hand over my mouth or he would slap me.'' A tear rolls down my cheek and I struggle to breathe.

''Come here my love.'' He says and he pulls me into his arms.

My love.

I burst into tears and he just strokes my hair.

''Did you ever.. Did you ever press charges?'' He asks, slowly.

I let go off him and he puts his hand on my knee.

''Well yeah, they let me go, they threw me on the streets with nothing but a towel on, completely naked and wet.'' I shrug and shiver.

''This is so fucked up. What'd you do?'' He asks me, carefully.

''Well, I had no idea where I was and I was naked and it was dark outside so I ran, I ran towards the first place I saw, which was a very small train station. And there was only a woman, sitting on a bench, waiting for a train and she uhm.. She saw me running towards her, I was yelling for help and waving my arms. She missed her train to help me.'' I smile at him and he smiles back, now grabbing my hand.

''Her name was Layla, I never got her last name, she must have been around 23 years old. She had a suitcase on her because she was going to visit her girlfriend. She gave me some clothes from that suitcase and walked me to her house, her parents helped me get in touch with my parents and they also helped me press charges.''

''That's really cool of her.'' He says, rubbing my hand with his thumb.

''Yeah but after I went back home and into counseling, I never saw her again.'' I say.

''What? Why?'' He asks confused.

''I don't know. I guess I was just so traumatized, It never occured to me to ask something about her.'' I reply.

''Well, did they ever find Danny?'' He asks.

''No, his real name is Daniel Jones, not Danny Smith.''

''Oh right..'' He says, looking down at the floor.

''And when I told the police his username on Instagram, he had already deleted his account.. and I couldn't show them the messages because he took my phone and everything I had on me.''

''You didn't tell them what he looked like?'' He asks.

''I did and they showed me a picture of.. Uh Daniel Jones and it was him. They also said that multiple girls came into the station with the name Danny but everytime a different last name.''

''What the fuck..'' He says, his jaw dropping.

"I was blindfolded on the way to that house so I couldn't locate him either."

"Jeez" He sighs.

''But Daniel is fucking crazy. He just picks girls up and does these kinda things to them.'' I say, looking Scott in the eye.

''Well did they eventually find him?'' Scott asks.

''At the time, they've been looking for him for months but they never found him.. Until a few days before I saw you.. You know when I freaked out..'' I say, a tear rolling down my eye.

He stays quiet, closing listening too me.

''I was so scared all the time and I was so traumatized but counseling really helpt me get over my fear for him.''

''I can imagine..'' He says.

''Then, when I was 16, I met Leo and he made me so happy and he eventually took my virginity and I got over it, well not completely, I don't like having sex in the shower.'' I go on.

''Ah, I get it. I'm sorry Thalia. I didn't know.'' He sighs.

I ignore his apology and continue, ''A few days before, he had gotten arrested and it took me back to that time. And I'm so, so glad he's locked away now. I just.. I got scared.. I'm sorry.'' I let go off his hand and another tear rolls down my cheek.

''Are you crazy Thalia?'' He sits on the floor in front of me, leaning on my knees, looking up at me, into my eyes. ''You don't have to apologize. You are so freaking brave for going through all that, and telling me this.'' He smiles at me.

He sits back down next to me and I cry into his neck.

Scott Adams. My English teacher. I think I might love him.