Chapter 6

The Man who Speaks in Hands

Tic

Toc

Tic

Toc

The clock was the only sound you could hear in the room, as both you and the creature, whose name was apparently Gaster, stared at each other.

Your hand was still gripping the bathroom's door knob, shaking. You were trying to stop the shakes though.

"Gaster, you say..."

"Gaster" nodded, still smiling, even though this time it was less creepy.

"Say, Gaster, why are you in my house? What brings you here?"

Gaster chuckled, and proceeded to answer.

"You should probably ask yourself that, as you were the one that freed me" he said.

He was a bit right, but still, what kind of a question was that?!

Gaster noticed your annoyed face and laughed a bit.

"I don't know, human, you opened that door in Waterfall and you freed me, and somehow I was connected to you, and now I can't move around but I'm forced to stay with you for who knows why" he said, actually sparing other jokes that could annoy you.

This was all so shocking, and you groaned in frustration.

"I don't even know what to say...I guess I'll have to stick with you for a while, I think" you said. Internally, you were just crying out to anyone who could hear you and asking why this type of thing happens to you, to stick with someone you don't want to be near to.

Gaster nodded, even though it didn't look like he was listening to you anymore.

"Ugh, well, I guess if we're going to live together for a while, you should know my name" you sticked out your hand "I'm Y/N"

Gaster looked at your hand, then at you and then at your hand again, and chuckled. You couldn't tell if it was an embarassed or a sad chuckle.

"What's the matter?" you asked, dumbfoundedly.

"Can't you see I'm like a ghost?"

oH.

You gaped your mouth open, and Gaster, smirking, sticked out his hand. In fact, it passed through your hand.

You were a bit disgusted by this. You didn't feel anything but it still felt disgusting, it was like cold air just passed through your hand.

You didn't want to show this to your new...housemate.

You sighed, and opened the bathroom's door.

"Hey, aren't you going to make anymore questions? I thought you were curious" he said in a hazard.

"...no? I got all the answers I already needed, and it seems like you can't answer to the ones I'm making myself internally, ex-Royal Scientist"

You closed the door of the bathroom behind you but yelled when you saw that Gaster was in front of you again, in the bathroom.

"Aren't you going to give a lady some privacy?!" you said, flustered and cringed.

"...oh, haha, sorry, I forgot"

And with that, he went through the door without even opening it.

What the heck does it mean, I forgot?! Doesn't he know manners?