Chapter 10

From father to son

"hi, dad"

Gaster looked at his son, actually not surprised to see him.

"Hi, Sans. Would you please tell me why you had to knock her off? Did she do something?"

"oh please dad, don't talk like you care about her. also, we finally see each other after a lot of time (and a lot of timelines) and this is the first thing you say to your first son? why am i not surprised?"

Gaster looked at your fainted figure. You had a painful look on your face.

He sighed.

"Sans, why are you here?"

The skeleton in the blue coat hid his feelings, but he expected his father to be more happy to see him. But in those circumstances, was it even possible?

"dad...are you trying to do something?"

Gaster faked his expression and made a surprised face.

"What are you talking about, Sans?"

"dad, you can't fool me, unfortunately for you i'm as perceptive as you, you have to admit it"

Deeply in his long gone heart, Gaster was feeling proud of his son to be grown up and perceptive as him. He was now becoming an adult.

But that was the person he was before he became the one he was now. Before he fell and finished in the void.

"Heh" he simply said.

"please, explain me, before i chill down my spine"

Well, Gaster had nothing to lose, and it's not like Sans could do something to stop him, could he?

"Here goes nothing.

My plan of revenge all started with that "kid" of yours.

During one timeline, one I called "Pacifist Soulless", since they had given their soul to the first human, Chara, and acted peacefully towards everyone, they met my old scientist helpers. They talked to them about me, and they got curious. Afterwards, in Waterfall, they found the door that led to me, a door that could only, with emphasys on only, be found if I actually wanted it to appear.

I was fascinated, and wanted to meet "the Determination soul". I wanted to know if they could drag me out of that hell of a void. But once the human touched me, I disappeared back into the darkest void, banning me from even going through that door, where I could watch every single timeline. I had obviously gone crazy at that point.

I had gotten sick of standing there, watching every timeline, watching everyone I knew move on and live their life. I felt like it was not fair.

And everytime they resetted, I ended back in that little room of the void.

They afterwards opened the door multiple times in those last timelines, even if I didn't want to they still could open it because they had opened before, hence their ability to open it. And everytime, they touched me, I would always disappear, so I thought that they must have done it on purpose. The reason? I still don't know, but I wouldn't expect much more from a genocidal person like them.

And that's when I planned for revenge. Revenge against everyone. Revenge against the kid that always managed to somehow delete me.

And that's when I met her."

He pointed towards you, still fainted.

"I made her find the door, she opened it and, when she spoke to me, it's like a connection happened. As I had a connection with the void before, I had established a new connection with her, and wherever she went, I would be pulled by her. She became my void. I presumed that she was able to do so because she doesn't have the Determination trait, hence she wasn't powerful enough to send me away.

I made her open the door because I wanted her soul. It was perfect for the plan, and when I'll be strong enough for it, I will take her soul and take revenge on Frisk"

But the last part, even if Gaster didn't want to admit it, or perhaps he didn't even know it, was doubtful.

Silence fell then.

"...dad, you've really gone insane in that void, didn't you?"

"You should try standing in that dark, black place for what if it felt like an eternity. You should try losing all your loved ones and watching them move on. You should even try...watching them being killed by a kid"

"first of all, what the heck dad? and secondly, you didn't seem sure about the last part of your plan. the part about her"

Sans pointed at you.

"dad, she's innocent. what has she done to you? did she ever do anything to hurt you? and i'm also sure that the kid didn't want to purposely rattle your bones"

"Says the one that slammed her on a wall"

They both stayed silent.

"...she has the Perseverance trait"

"just like your attacks, am i right?"

Gaster nodded.

Sans didn't really know why his dad mentioned this fact, but he just went along with it.

It looked like Gaster didn't want to talk about this anymore, which made Sans sigh of exasperation.

"dad, what about the visions? why were you hunting me?"

But Gaster remained silent. Not because he didn't want to answer, but simply because he didn't have an answer for the question.

"...i don't recognize you anymore, dad"

just what happened in that void?

"Sans, look at what I became. A ghost. When Y/N found me I was similar to slime. Don't lie and tell me that you wouldn't do something like what I am doing. If that kid of yours did the same thing to you or Papyrus, wouldn't you do the same?"

"but i am your goddamn son!" he finally exclaimed

"when you were with me and paps you were the most caring skeleton i knew...what happened to that man? i want that man back! you neither looked happy seeing me now in all my bones..."

Sans said this, but it looked like it was more his internal child pleading this.

"...Sans, I'm sorry, but I'll have to continue with my plan. I swear that after this, everything will go back to normal. And if I kill the kid, wouldn't it be also good for you? No more [Reset]s"

Sans had enough.

He snapped his fingers and teleported away, leaving Gaster alone with your knocked down figure.

He looked at you.

Just another few weeks or months...and then I'll be strong enough to take her soul

...

"...Sans?"

Sans had teleported to Frisk's house.

"Sans, finally, I was getting worri-"

Sans pulled them into a hug.

Frisk stiffened, not expecting a hug from him, but relaxed and rubbed his back, calming down Sans, who was now shaking.

"i'm sorry kid. i'm so sorry"

______________________

Author's Note: I know this chapter may be confusing, I just wanted to include informations related to this one in next chapters.

So yeah, cliffhanger.