Chapter 9

Forgiving

The alarm clock woke you up from a slumber sleep without dreams.

You opened your eyes, sticky from the tears of the night before, and looked at the clock.

7.00 am

You sighed, scratched your eyes, got rid of the pillow you were hugging and got rid of the blankets.

Wait, blankets?

Last night you simply hugged your pillow, but you didn't remember going under the blankets.

You sighed, feeling guilty for what happened the day before and understanding why you were under the blankets.

Did he...put me under the sheets?

Last night Gaster genuinely looked like he wanted to help you, and you refused his help...you didn't trust him enough yet, but it was something at least...

Friends are supposed to sustain each other, or did you not really mean what you said just before?

You spent 5 minutes thinking about this, his last phrase before you refused to hear another single thing.

You cringed at the thought. You kinda acted like a kid yesterday, didn't you?

Maybe I should try harder to trust him...

You got up, got dressed and opened the door.

Gaster wasn't there though. You looked around and no trace of him.

Did he manage to roam free and not only around you anymore?

"Gaster?"

"You called?"

You slightly jumped, not expecting to hear his voice under you.

And he was in fact under you, splattered on the floor.

It was like he was fisheye-d

You giggled a bit, which surprised him a lot. He thought that you would have been still sad after...the night before.

Well, you were still sad after all the events that were happening to you, but at the moment you were feeling more guilty for how you had been treating Gaster.

You sighed, and started talking.

"Gaster...I'm sorry for how I treated you yesterday. You were right, friends sustain each other, and I definitely didn't treat you as a friend"

Gaster, who was now slowly emerging from the floor, listened to you as you were talking.

"It's just that...I'm going through a difficult period, and...I'm not ready to talk about it, yet. But, I'm sure that over time, I will be ready to talk about it with you"

You looked up at his face and smiled.

He genuinely felt moved.

"A-ah...yes, I understand. I suppose I should excuse myself too. I overstepped your boundaries, which is something I shouldn't have done. I'm sorry, Y/N"

The last word snapped something inside of you.

"You finally called me by my name, at last!" you exclaimed.

It looks like Gaster had said it without realising.

Something...black appeared on his face, on his cheeks to be more precise.