Chapter 21

Love

The day after your little trip with Gaster, you finally had the chance to go back to work.

And this would have meant also seeing Gaster even there. The thought made you happy.

Some days had passed since then, and you were happier than ever.

You happily got out of bed, entered the bathroom and dressed, humming a little and pleasant melody that you heard the second time you got in the Underground, in Waterfall to be more precise. You remember you were walking into those blue corridors and suddenly you found an odd statue. It was raining on it, and the statue was holding an umbrella that didn't definitely look like it was part of the composition.

The statue had a little hole, so you peeked in and noticed a music box.

And so, you started humming that melody.

Even the echo flower on your table had memorised it.

Anyways, you dressed while humming this song. You chose something not too much elegant to wear: a casual and comfy white skirt with a pattern of grey squares, a black shirt and your heels, with your usual black lab coat.

You looked at yourself in the mirror as you played with your loosen hair.

I wonder if Gaster will like this outfit...

You spent all the night thinking about the day at the amusement park, still with crimson red cheeks.

You went back to the living room to eat some cherries and heard a vibration coming from the phone.

You unlocked it and saw that it was a message from Gaster.

"Hey, I was wondering, would you like to go to the lab together?"

Awww.

You replied with an energic "of course!"

And just as you saw he had read the message, you heard a noise coming right behind you.

You turned to face him, and smiled.

"Hi Gaster!" you said with a cheerful tone

He remained silent as he was looking at you. The man looked paralysed.

"Hey, everything okay?" you snapped your fingers, trying to bring him back to reality.

"Huh? Y/N? Oh, I'm so sorry, I must have dozen off"

You giggled at his statement. Poor man, he must have been tired from work. Hopefully he wasn't treating himself like when he was the Royal Scientist.

"Give me a sec and then I'm ready, I just need to prepare something in case I get hungry at work"

So you turned your back and started to prepare your meal, and you certainly didn't see Gaster covering his mouth as he was breathing slowly, with REALLY dark purple cheeks.

She's an angel.

You continued humming the little song you heard and finished preparing your meal.

"I'm readyyy!"

He quickly collected his thoughts and cleared his throat.

"So uhm, do you want to teleport or do you want to go for a walk?" you asked.

A purple tint was still on his cheeks, something that you wanted to question but decided not to.

"It...wouldn't be bad if we walked." he replied while rubbing his neck.