Chapter 27

Longing

On the surface

"...hey! Hey, Y/N!"

Jim snapped his fingers in front of you to catch your attention.

You quickly were brought back to reality as you saw him in front of your desk at the lab with a confused look.

"Y/N, is everything okay? You've been staring off for at least five days by now"

You simply stared into his eyes, trying to get a hold of your confusion.

"...Jim?"

He sighed and sat down beside you.

"Y/N, something has happened, and I know it. Jack has also talked with me, he's a lot worried for you. He says you've been kinda lost ever since he took you out"

"...Jack said this?"

"Yeah, he says that he wants to help but doesn't know how. He was even scared that he could have done something, and I had to reassure him"

"I..."

Jim looked at you with an even worried look.

"Y/N, has something happened? Please, tell me, whatever it is, if you're just sleepy these days or if something is troubling you"

You looked into his eyes as you chose the words to say.

"I feel like...something is missing. I mean, I...feel like something is off. Something should be here, but right now it isn't.

Five days ago I found myself crying in the apartment, but I don't know why...I felt like I was missing something. I felt like I lost something. And the weird thing is that I found an odd flower on my table. I didn't dare to touch it, and I just watered it everyday, but...oh Jim, I don't know what is happening anymore!

...it's like I long for something, or someone, but I don't know what or who"

In the underground.

In five days Frisk managed to break the barrier. Once they said goodbye to Asriel, they woke up finding everyone they cared for looking at them. Everyone, except for a certain scientist.

In those few days Frisk had thought about how to approach Gaster, as they resetted many times, canceled him many times from that little room and were, well, almost killed by him.

They felt like they needed to explain everything to him.

But, they didn't even know where Gaster was. It seemed like he was hiding somewhere, and only Sans knew where he was.

Right then, Frisk was reflecting on what to say. Everyone was there, staring at the person wearing the blue shirt with two pink stripes.

"My child, is everything okay? Do you need some time to say goodbye to everyone?"

"Actually, yes...Sans, may I talk with you for a second?"

Sans looked at you, but didn't seem exactly so surprised. It looked like he already understood what they wanted to talk about.

"sure frisk"

They both reached the throne hall and sat down on the flowers.

The same flowers where Asriel died.