Chapter 8

Getting close

Sans teleported, and reached the house where the "party" was supposed to be.

A party that was done in every single timeline he did.

And now it was happening again.

He was even afraid of this party, because everytime the party finished, Frisk would usually [Reset].

And a new timeline, neutral, pacifist or genocide would take place.

Sans was getting tired of it, so he had to make Frisk promise that they would never do it again.

Frisk promised, starting to feel guilty about all the suffering they had brought to Sans.

He grabbed the knob of the door and turned it.

Once he entered, he was greeted by the energic, high voice of his loved brother.

Papyrus.

"SANS! YOU LAZYBONES, YOU FINALLY ARRIVED, WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?"

"sorry paps', i had somewhere else to be"

Every friend of his was there. From Toriel to Asgore, from Papyrus to Mettaton. Only Alphys was missing, but she had some work to do in a lab and she would join later, much to Undyne's dismay, who wanted to spend this time with Alphys as well.

The party was to commemorate Asriel. Deep inside, Toriel and Asgore were also commemorating Chara. And Frisk probably was too.

They were missing though.

"paps', have you seen the kid?"

"FRISK? OH RIGHT, I SAW THEM ON THE BALCONY LOOKING AT THE STARS, ISN'T IT A LOT PHYLOSOPHICAL?" he said a bit drammatically, bringing his jointed hands near his cheek.

"heh, yeah..." Sans replied. He wanted to reply with a pun just to tease his brother but he didn't, which made his brother tilt his head, already expecting a pun coming, but he was tired, tired after talking for a lot with Grillby.

The visions had indeed stopped since you fell, and Sans found this more suspicious each day it passed.

He walked up the stairs, and found Frisk on the balcony, as Papyrus said.

They had a lost gaze, and probably didn't notice that Sans was behind them.

They turned, and met the dark eye-sockets of the blue skeleton.

"sup, kiddo"

"Sans, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not a kid?"

"a skeleton of times"

Frisk chuckled, remembering the first time they heard this pun. It was right when they left the Ruins.

"I guess you'll have me tired down to the bone"

Sans smirked.

He approached them and watched the sky as well.

"so, what's a kid like you doing here at this hour?"

Sans wanted to talk as if things were normal, when they truly weren't. But still, he wanted to pretend they were.

Frisk looked at him a little bit annoyed, after he said again the word "kid" in his last question.

"I'm just...thinking" they replied.

Silence ruled among them for a while, before Frisk started speaking.