Chapter 20

The Amusement Park

"...could you repeat yourself?"

You laughed as you heard the poor man getting excited and happy about going to the park with him.

"I asked you if you wanted to go to the amusement park together, as we already established long ago. Do you...still want to go?" you asked with a bit of hesitation you put on purpose.

You wanted to feel enthusiasm in his answer.

And as planned, he answered enthusiastically.

"Of course I want to go! We can even go there now if you want, I'm ready"

You laughed, genuinely happy.

"Were you preparing yourself for this occasion so badly that you're ready even now?" you jokingly said.

"Pfsh, don't tease me, I was just ready in general"

"Great! Well I'm ready as we-"

You looked over yourself. You were covered in the pollen of echo flowers from hiding under them, so basically, your clothes were all blue.

"Y/N? Everything alright?"

"...hold on, give me just, uhhh, ten minutes. I'll be ready in ten minutes"

You heard him laugh.

"Okay, I'll pick you up in ten minutes. See you later"

"Later!" you said excitedly.

You ended the call, and looked over yourself again. After one second you were immediately in your bedroom searching through your drawers for something comfortable and appropriate to wear for the amusement park.

"Uuuh totally not a dress, the gown would go up and I don't want anybody to see my private parts, nu-huh, not even this...should I go for something sporty? Well totally not too much sporty, I don't want to look like I'm going trekking...uuuhh, maybe some jeans?"

In the end you chose a black t-shirt, a white and black college sweater and a pair of skinny jeans, along with a pair of black Converse.

You looked at yourself in the mirror and decided to also tie your hair, so your hair was now in a messy bun, the one you liked a lot.

You happily opened the door but squealed when you found Gaster in front of you.

"EEEK!"

"Huh?! Are you alright?! Are you hurt?" he asked, worried.

"When did you come up here?!"

"Uuuh...5 minutes ago?"

"5 MINUTES?! Does this mean I stayed in my bedroom choosing an outfit for...fifteen minutes?"

You were astonished by yourself.

Look at you, this is the first time you're late for something.

Gaster contained his laugh as you deadpanned at him.

"Go ahead, pick on me" you said, puffing your cheeks.

He quickly glanced at you still smiling, and then removed his gaze from you as he didn't want to make eye-contact with you, rubbing his neck.

Is he still feeling guilty?

You didn't see the blush on his cheeks though.

Trying to lighten up the mood, you grabbed his hand.

You saw a dark purple blush appear on his cheeks as his pin pricks grew smaller.