Chapter 16

The Man called Nightmare

Jack's POV

As night approached, I went and lied on the bed, reading a book, ignoring the phone. Hopefully I didn't receive a message from my girlfriend. I understand she wants to text me and all but damn, what would we even talk about? It's no use. I'm getting bothered.

Maybe I should just dump her. I'm honestly getting tired of her.

I don't understand what she worries about.

I put aside the book, went under the sheets and closed my eyes, falling into a peaceful sleep.

What could possibly go wrong?

(Talking in 3rd person now)

(WARNING. BLOOD, TORTURE AND GORE AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Waiting. For a time that felt like eternity.

He listened to the empty space he found himself in: another dimension, the dimension of dreams, the dimension where every human dreams about their life and receives...messages.

And what a message would it be given today.

He thought about tears, tears that were wrongly spread. Tears that shouldn't have been falling down the cheeks he considered soft.

He waited and waited, and finally, the moment came. That shit-head finally fell asleep, and he could act.

An evil smile formed on his lips, as he started to move his holed hands and created a sort of space for the dream to take place.

Magic flowed in his bones, as darkness enveloped him, greeting him in the new dream he wanted and needed to infest.

He found himself in a black space, filled with white particles, some bigger than the others.

It was his kingdom.

He looked down and created a small square with his hands. He put a bed on one side, a drawer and a door near it.

And then he summoned his soul.

Jack's figure was resting on the bed in the dark, still sleeping. But not so much time would have taken for him to wake up.

And in fact, after a while he woke up. He looked around himself, concerned, as if to find a way out from that black and white place.

"W-where am I?" he asked himself, not seeing the figure above him, as he was invisible.

He stood up and walked towards the door. But as he reached the door, he saw with horror that the door had no knob.

There was no way out.

Now now, what can I do to play with this little lab rat? Oh, right, how about I make him feel a bit of claustrophobia?

He gestured with his hands, and the space itself started to reduce dimensions drastically.

Jack looked around himself as he felt pressed by the space, still searching for a way out. It felt so real it didn't even look like a dream

He was feeling all sorts of negative feelings, the prevalent one being despair.

There was no air in his lungs.

He grasped for air, as the space's walls were now touching him, feeling more and more pressed.

Oh, already? Damn, I wanted to have fun watching him plead for air. Guess I'll have to go on with the next game, he thought

The space returned to its original dimensions, and Jack could breathe again.