Chapter 24

Downfall

"Are you sure this is a good idea...? I mean, I am new to them, especially Papyrus..." you asked

"If there is something I want them to know, is that you're my girlfriend. But don't worry about them, actually, Sans also helped me with this whole situation and Papyrus is eager to meet you, my love" Gaster replied.

It was a lovely Saturday evening, and at least three weeks had passed since you and Gaster were calling each other "boyfriend and girlfriend".

They were the best weeks you could ever have. You and Gaster did so many things together: you went again at the amusement park, you went on dates after work, he often took you out for dinner and so on...and only three weeks had passed.

Gaster was also calling you nicknames now, which you found cute of him to do: the serious scientist Gaster calling his girlfriend nicknames like "love", "cutie" or "darling". Your favourite one for some reason was "sweetie". You also started calling him with nicknames, such as "lovelybones". He always laughed at that nickname.

You've been discussing about explaining the situations to Sans and Papyrus, about how now you and Gaster were engaged and wanted to see how they would react.

Gaster was confident: after all, he already knew how his sons would have reacted; Sans joked about his father finally getting a girlfriend and Papyrus...

You certainly didn't know Papyrus was already calling you "mother".

But then again, you didn't know anything about it, so you obviously had your doubts.

You looked down, thinking about it.

"Sweetie? Is everything alright?" he asked, noticing your look.

You smiled, hearing the nickname, and looked up.

"No, don't worry, everything's alright, I just still...am a little scared. I mean, I'm entering their life like this, will they be able to accept me?"

As a response, Gaster took your face in his hands, and showed a big smile.

"This is another reason why I fell in love with you...you always worry about others' well-being. I love this about you."

You blushed a bit, but smiled afterwards.

He slowly approached your face, waiting for your approval. You closed your eyes as he approached more and kissed your soft lips.

The kiss lasted for at least half a second before he pulled off and smiled to reassure you.

"Do you want to go to the river after this? Just you and me?" he then asked, love in his eyes.

You looked at him with the same gaze, drowning in those shining white pin-pricks.

"Of course I do, I heard there's also a full moon today. It would be beautiful to observe it with you"

He then kissed you on your forehead as he caressed the back of your neck.

"Don't worry anyway: trust me when I say that everything's going to be okay" he reassured you.

He then grabbed your hand and looked at you in the eyes.

"Ready?"

You inhaled and then looked at him with an encouraging look in your eyes.

"I'm ready!"

He smiled, and teleported you both to your destination.

You opened your eyes and found yourself into a cozy living room with red walls, and in the center of the living room, touching the wall, was a green couch.