Chapter 17

Cherries and nightmares

"I...thought that you would want company"

You smiled and let him in.

"I'm sorry, now that I'm finally free from my ghost version you probably want the house for your own, as it should be by the way" he said as he entered the apartment.

"No, actually, I don't mind your company"

I deeply want you to stay with me, but I don't know why.

A small smile appeared on his lips as he looked around your living room, finally seeing colours.

Awkwardness filled the air though.

Some butterflies were still flying in your stomach, but you tried to ignore them with all you could.

"Hey Y/N, is everything alright? You look like this since we left the apartment. Are you feeling anxious about something?" he asked with a slightly scared face.

Just how damn perceptive is this guy?!

"U-uh...no, Gaster, I think I'm okay. It's just that a lot of things happened today and I still have to process"

He nodded, but kept examining you.

You looked at him as well. For some reason, he looked drained out. Did he do something that consumed a lot of energy?

"I should ask you as well. Are you feeling okay? You look...tired, and drained out"

His eyesockets widened a bit in shock as his pin-pricks became smaller, but shook it off immediately, trying not to make you notice.

He remembered what Jack said about you. It made his blood (if he actually had it) boil. But he tried to stay calm in front of you.

"I...guess I'm okay. Having finally your body back is tiring, you know?"

Lies. I've never felt so refreshed in my life as when I gained back my body. I just tortured her bastard of a boyfriend after all, he thought.

You tilted your head at his statement, and slightly laughed.

Gaster heard your faint laugh, and smiled.

"I'm glad I can put a smile on your face"

(A/N: oh come on just kiss already)

You felt heat rise on your cheeks and turned your face away.

Gaster probably realised what he just said and his cheeks became slightly lilac, as he cleared his finally-existent throat.

"A-ah, well...what now? Can I still visit you now and then?" he asked.

You looked at him in astonishment.

"How dare you even ask this question? Of course you can visit me! I'm always here, whenever you want"

I would let you stay here forever.

He looked at you shocked by the excitement you put in your answer and smiled again.

"Thank you, Y/N, that would make me really happy"

The butterflies you thought you had won returned in your stomach stronger than ever.

Calm down, Y/N, why are you feeling like this? You're just friends, plus you have a boyfriend, you thought.

But the thought of Jack hurt you though, Gaster instead lighted up your mood.

Gaster's yawn brought you back to reality. Well, you were indeed right. He looked drained out. You wanted to know if something had happened but you wanted to respect his boundaries.