Chapter 22

Not just friends anymore

The shift ended, and Gaster quickly went to your section to pick you up.

He opened the glass door and saw you far away on your desk, doing nothing but playing with your hair and humming that song from Waterfall.

Cute...

He slowly approached you, clenching tightly his flower in hand and greeted you.

"Hi, Y/N, ready to go?"

You jumped out of fear as you heard his voice and your cheeks became dark red, bringing you back to reality.

The voice of the man you realised you fell in love with.

"G-Gaster?! What are you doing here?"

He looked at you surprised.

"...Y/N, it's 4:00 pm. The shift has ended. It's time to go, we agreed to go home together"

You blushed, remembering how you pulled his arm before he went for his section.

"Oh...y-yeah, I forgot that"

Wait, saying that I forgot could make him think that I don't care enough.

"W-with this I didn't mean I don't care! Actually! I was looking forward to go back home with you!" you said in a rush.

He looked at you with a surprised smile, but quickly laughed.

"Don't worry, I didn't doubt it" he said, and smiled.

God, I could drown in that smile

"So...can we go?" he said, holding out his free hand.

"O-oh, yeah!" you said, grabbing the Agapanthus and taking his hand on your own.

He intertwined his fingers with yours, which made you scream on the inside.

You walked in the hall, in silence.

But you wanted to break it and genuinely talk about something. You wanted to hear his smooth voice.

"S-so...what did you do today?" you nervously asked.

He looked in front of him as you were walking and thought about an answer.

"Nothing much...the same researches on souls and how they're powerful. Then we all received that flower. Alphys was probably the happiest about it: she can give it to her girlfriend"

"Oh, she has a girlfriend? That's wonderful! I'm so happy for her!"

Gaster smiled

Oh, how I would love to call you my girlfriend...

"About the flowers...do you want to give them to someone...?" he asked with all of his courage.

Fuck.

You held your breath in shock as you processed his question.

How the heck am I supposed to answer this question AAAAAAAH-

"Hellooo? Earth. Calls. Y/N!" Gaster said as he shook you with his arm, not wanting to leave your hand.

"H-huh?" you asked confused "I-I'm sorry, I must have dozen off"

Yeah, dozen off my ass

"C-could you repeat the question?"

"Actually, forget about it." he said while shrugging off.

You looked at him with a mortified look, but took the chance not to answer to his question.

Great, who knows now what this man is thinking...