Tortured

A knock sounded on the office door. "You may enter." Oliver answered. Shawn and Anna walked into the room, then sat in two chairs across from Oliver's desk. "Alright, now that you've been able to freshen up, let's talk." He said looking to Anna. "Let's start by telling us why you're here, and how you knew where to find our pack."

Shawn could see that Anna shifted in her seat nervously, and placed his hand on her leg to calm her. She looked at him and he nodded to her. Anna took a deep breath and started to answer Oliver. "Well, finding your pack wasn't hard. Since Shawn is my mate, I was able to follow his scent, even with how faint it was. Plus, you're the only pack for hundreds of miles. I figured this would be my best bet." She said honestly. "I'm here because my clan held me hostage for information on Shawn and your pack." Shawn growled loudly when she said 'took her hostage' "I don't know how they knew, but they knew we were mates. They thought I knew your packs plans for battle. They tortured me for the information. When they realized I didn't know anything, they said they were going to kill me to weaken Shawn." Anna cast her eyes down as they filled with tears. "Emma helped me escape. She gave me this to give to the Alpha." She said as she pulled out a cloth from her pocket and handed it to Oliver. "I don't know what it means, but she was very adamant on me getting it to you."

Oliver took the cloth from her and opened it to find a gold signet ring with Oliver's pack crest. His eyes widened. "Where did she get this?" He asked.

"Like I said, Alpha, I have no idea. I didn't even look in the cloth. I took it and ran."

Oliver sat there in confusion as he stared at the ring. After a few minutes, Shawn cleared his throat to get his attention.

Oliver looked up at them. "Right. Ok, so you basically escaped death with the help of a witch, just to bring this to me?"

"And to accept my mate, if he'll have me. I was more than shocked when I realized he was a wolf and my mate. He didn't leave on good terms with me, which was my fault. When they held me hostage, all I could think about was not being able to see Shawn again. Not having cubs or pups. Not having a family I so desperately craved. After all that I've been through, I prayed to the goddesses to bring us together again." Anna almost whispered in response.

"Thank you, Anna. I can see just by looking at you, that you are being honest. This was quite the surprise to me when Shawn mentioning you being his mate. I can't recall a time when there have been mates of different species. You both must share a special bond."

"Thank you Alpha." Shawn said. "Would it be ok if I took Anna to the pack doctor now? She's been limping and I want to ensure she's ok."

"I'm fine!" Anna yelled at Shawn.

"Yes, you both are dismissed. And Shawn?"

"Yes Alpha?"

"You have my blessing. We will schedule a pack acceptance ceremony soon." Oliver said as he winked at Shawn.

Oliver watched as they both left his office and then stared at the signet ring again. 'Where did she get this? This ring. Why does it have our crest on it? I guess we just have more questions to add to my growing list.' Oliver thought to himself. 'I wonder if Devin would know who this belonged to.'