Crossing Into Bear Country

After Jareth had closed the door to his room, Oliver had went back down to his office to finish up some paperwork. As Oliver sat down in the chair behind his desk, he put his head in his hands and sighed. He was anxious and the thought of Jareth leaving without saying a word had made his heart break a little. After all, Jareth was his only blood family he had left, besides Emma. A tear slipped down his cheek at the thought. The door sounded with a very light knock, one that would almost go unheard if he were human. He looked at the door curiously, but told them to enter.

Oliver's POV

"Come in." The door didn't open, he stared at it wondering if he had imagined it. Just as Oliver was about to start some paperwork, Lila had graced him with her presence. "What are you doing here? How did you get in? The door never opened." Lila smiled at him playfully and started to explain.

"Have you forgotten that I'm a sprite? I do have some powers, you know. This time, I just climbed through the keyhole since you weren't going to open the door for me." She giggled when she mentioned climbing through the keyhole. Oliver looked surprised then started laughing after really looking at her. "What's so funny?!" Lila demanded. This only made Oliver laugh harder.

"L-l-look at... y-y-yours-s-el-f-f," he stammered out in between laughs. Lila glared at him then flew up to the small mirror behind his desk and gasped.

"AHHH! I'm covered in grime!" Lila yelled, and her face heated up from embarrassment. She looked like a flower covered in several layers of dust. Once Oliver was able to come down from his laughing high, he handed Lila a tissue. "Thanks." She said sarcastically as she snatched the tissue from Oliver.

While Lila was dusting herself off, Oliver put his pen down and asked, "What brings you into my office? Is there something bothering you?"

"No, but I haven't seen you all day. I wanted to make sure you were ok. I heard you met your great grandfather. Is he at least nice? Does he know about the Golden Honey Clan? I guess you could say I wanted to be updated and Devin isn't one to talk." She said while smirking at her last statement. Oliver giggled at her mention of Devin.

"I can't say I blame you. I had invited you to our meeting with Jareth, but you were tending to Anna. Shawn updated us on her 'condition' and was freaking out a little. We got him calmed down and Devin is working on finding out more information on interspecies-weres and their offspring." Lila nodded. "Other than that, here's what we have planned." Oliver went over the plan with Lila and asked for her input. Surprisingly, she didn't have anything to say about it. 'Weird.' He thought to himself.

"So where is Jareth now?" She inquired. "Is he being guarded so he doesn't leave alone?"

"No, I didn't post anyone outside his room. I explained the scenarios to him and urged him to think logically. But of coarse he's my blood, so I know exactly what he's going to do before he does it. Speaking of," Oliver glances at his watch, "I need to head out now. Will you let the others know I've gone on a run, if they ask?" I know it's a long shot, but I had to ask her to cover for me. I knew that she couldn't read me like Devin or Shawn could.

"Um, I guess. Why can't you just mind-link them?"

'She's too smart for her own good. I hoped she wouldn't ask that.' I thought. "Well, I might be out of range in my wolf form. Plus, I don't want to wake them at this hour." I smoothly lied, it was 3am after all.

"Oh, I didn't think of that. Ok. I'll go home since you're leaving. Just... be safe. Please."

"Scouts honor." I said as I held up three fingers. I couldn't help but suppress my laugh as I said it. She narrowed her eyes at me and glared, but soon giggles made their way out of her mouth. She nodded and then I opened the door for her so she didn't get all that grime on herself again.

We both exited my office and went separate directions. I peeked over my shoulder to make sure the coast was clear before leaving the pack house. Once outside, I shifted into my wolf and ran toward the East boarder. I know I'm being a liability to my pack, but I need to help my only kin. I'm being selfish, but wouldn't they do it for their family?

After a few minutes I had made it to the boarder and smelled a familiar scent. A wolf similar to my own, stepped out from behind a tree.

'I thought you'd never show up.' Jareth's voice filled my head.

'You knew I'd come?' I replied.

'You are my blood. I figured you'd come after me, so I waited. Ready?' Jareth asked as he cocked his head too the side.

'As ready as I'm ever going to be. We should be there before sunrise if we don't stop.' With all that said, we ran toward the Golden Honey Clan.

Sunrise was just coming upon us when we reached their boarder. We both shifted and to my surprise, Jareth tossed me a pair of shorts. I slipped them on and we started advancing toward their town. Darkness was still providing cover, but it was fading fast. We had made it to the building that Shawn mentioned living in, when we noticed some patrols coming our direction.

As quietly as we could, we inched against the building and attempted to surpass them. I say 'attempt' because as soon as we rounded the corner, we bumped into someone and they screamed.

"Shit!" Was all we managed to get out before the patrol ran our way. We turned on our heels and sprinted as fast as we could to another building and opened the door. Once inside, we quickly shut and locked the door. Knowing they'd be strong enough to knock the door down, we started pushing furniture in front of it.

"The back door!" I yelled, slightly panicking. I've been in fights before. I took down a faery for goddess sake. "The ring!" No sooner did the words leave my mouth, did I start spinning it and thinking about lightning.

You could hear the thunder rolling in faster than a normal storm. It was right on top of us to the point you could feel the vibrations. Soon you could see bright flashes, a little too close for comfort to anyone that was not Jareth or myself.

As I was concentrating on the lightning and thunder, we heard a small whimper and  the ceiling above us slightly creaked. Jareth and I looked at each other and then looked behind us where a staircase happened to be.

"I'll go check it out. Keep your concentration or the storm will stop." Jareth advised before disappearing up the stairs. So I stayed. Thinking about nothing else but the storm.