The Faery

*Faery POV*

I had just left Michael's office and decided to spread my wings before I started my investigation. I flew up and around the town, then into the forest. 'Oh how I missed nature, and fresh air.' I thought. What I really missed is feeling free. I've been locked up by Michael for two years, and now I'm working for him. After about an hour of flying around the forest, I found what was my old fantasy. (*Fantasy is plural form of multiple faeries*) I know I should let them know I'm still alive, but I have to get this bond broken before I can return home. I sighed and headed back toward the Golden Honey Clan.

I had just made it back and landed a few feet behind Emma's little cottage. I chose to land in the back because there were no windows out here, which means Emma won't know I'm here. I listened to ensure she wasn't home before I started. I didn't hear any sounds, so I proceeded to use my magic to incant the spell that will work as a visionary time lapse. While I won't be able to interact, it will show Emma on the phone, enable me to see the number she dialed, and allow for me to listen in on the conversation. I will get the information Michael wants. The portal opened eye level with me and I could see Emma pick up the phone and dial. I noted the numbers and kept watching.

"Hello, is Alpha Oliver available? Oh, sorry. My name is Emma." I heard her say into the phone.

'Calling the Alpha of Sapphire Moon. For what?' I asked myself. I fast forwarded a little to listen to the rest of the conversation. "So they're related..." I whispered to no one in particular. "Wait until Michael hears of this." Just as I was about to close the window into the past, I heard her plan a meet for today. 'I guess Oliver will have to meet with me instead.' I thought. I quickly closed the portal and checked to see if the back door was locked so I could enter. It looks like it was my lucky day, the door was unlocked. I entered slowly and cautiously to ensure I wouldn't be heard and to avoid any traps if there were any. To my surprise, there was trip wire that connected to a catapult filled with gold. Although gold isn't my weakness, I know that it would still hurt having that much force behind it. I was able to disarm it without setting it off, thankfully.

I looked around the house and decided that I would take Emma's place at that meeting. Since I have never observed Emma other than that time lapse, I wouldn't be able to mimic her behavior or mannerisms. That's usually what sells the character you portray. Since I hadn't seen or heard Emma, I called Michael to find out if he knows her whereabouts.

"Michael, I'm calling to find out where Emma is. Do you know?"
"Yes, she's in her new room. Don't worry about her. Have you found out who she was in contact with?" Michael asked me.
"I have. The Alpha of Sapphire Moon. They are related somehow. She was supposed to meet him today."
"Go in her place. Find out what he knows, then kill him. I'm sure he'll be alone since they're blood. Should be easy enough for you."
"And I'm free after I do this? I can go back to my old life?" I questioned hopefully.
"Yes, fae. You will be released and free to go back to your old life."
"Alright, I'm going to go meet him now. The meeting starts soon and I don't want to be late."

I hung up the phone and looked at the few pictures of Emma so I could transform to look identical. I closed my eyes and pictured Emma and her voice. When I opened them, I was looking back at myself through a mirror and I was her. I opened my mouth to speak out loud, and I shocked myself as I sounded identical to her. The only problem I'm going to have is acting like her and speaking as she does. While I sound and look like Emma, I'm still just a faery. You could tell the difference if the person was close to the one I'm portraying. Everyone has a particular way of speaking that's unique to them.  A faery that has time to stalk their target can look, act, and speak identical to the person they're portraying. I did not have such time.

I stopped gawking at myself and got dressed in her clothes, then looked for a map so I can leave and meet Oliver. I can't remember, was she his grandmother or aunt?
"Goddess, why can't I remember? Grandmother! She's his grandmother. I need to remember that. Any little mistake could cost me this Alpha." I said to myself. I pulled open a drawer in the kitchen and thankfully it was a junk drawer. I found a map and estimated where we were, then the Sapphire Moon pack, and found the waterfall in between. I remember the meeting was soon and looked at the clock to confirm. 'It's only 10am. I still have some time to be there first, but I must leave now.'

After that thought, I burst out the back door and remembered that I couldn't fly while I look like Emma. I closed my eyes and pictured the map and waterfall. When I opened my eyes, could you guess where I was? Yep, that beautiful waterfall between Golden Honey and Sapphire Moon. Now all I have to do is wait. As I sit on a boulder, I looked out into the forest in the direction of home. I'm so close to finishing this bond that I can taste it. I'll finally be able to go home and be free again. I'm ripped from my thoughts when I hear a few twigs snap in the direction of Sapphire Moon. He's here. I quickly disappeared and watched from the shadows. I watched as he walked over and sat on the same boulder I was just on. I appeared right in front of him.

"Took you long enough." I said in a snarky annoyed tone.