Sentencing

Oliver looked up at the clock, and it had already been an hour on the phone with Emma, listening to the story. She continued, "The next morning, I stood in the crowd with a cloak, so I could preform a spell that would disguise the propofol as silver and make it look like he's not breathing once injected. The best part is, my plan worked. Once they thought he was dead, his body was dumped in a mass grave. I waited until after midnight to try and get him out, but he was gone." Emma croaked out the last part.

You could tell this was painful for her to relive, but she went on, "I never stopped looking for him, until I had to shift my focus on something, rather someone, else. After the first 2 weeks of looking, I became sick all the time. It wasn't until a couple months went by did I realize I was with child. All my searching ceased. I used my magic one last time to remove the page out of the book that recorded our history, and burned the only scroll that mentions me. I gave birth 4 months later to a healthy baby girl. She didn't inherit my magic, but instead a wolf like her father. I had created a pill that would remove her father's scent so nobody would ever know. She went on to have children of her own, and so on until you came along. You are my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson. It's said that within 7 genterations, the 7th son of the 7th son, a twin-like child will be born and will harness great power. That's you. It also makes you the true heir to the throne."

This took Oliver by surprise to point he was speechless. He sat there with his phone in hand, not being able to form words out loud. 'I am of royal blood? How did I not know of this? How has my family been in the dark all these centuries?' He thought on a mind-link open with Devin.

'That's insane! I can't believe what we're hearing. How is it that there was no trace, no clues, at all? Surely someone knows something. Alpha, should I start looking into your history?' Devin queried.

"Alpha, are you still there?" Emma asked.

Finally able to form words, Oliver shook his head at Devin and replied, "I'm still here. It's not everyday you find out you're royalty. I needed a moment to process, I'm fine now. How do I know this isn't some sort of made up nonsense?"

"Well Oliver, if you put the ring on, you'll find you can control the weather, and lose your scent if you wish to. This ring only works for Jareth's bloodline." She insisted. With that being said, Oliver slipped the ring on and concentrated on losing his scent.

'Dev, can you smell me?' Oliver asked while having a skeptical look on his face.

Devin sniffed around and answered back with, 'Yes and no. I can smell your faint scent all over the room, but I can't smell your scent on you. How did you do that?'

'It's the ring, Emma is telling the truth.' Oliver admitted.

"You're right. My scent is gone. Are you able to meet me tomorrow?" He proposed.

"What time, and where? I'll need to stay close, otherwise Michael will know something is up."

"Alright. There is a waterfall just outside their territory. Meet me there at noon."

"I'll be there. If I don't make it, something has gone wrong. I'll see you at noon sharp. Goodbye King Oliver." Emma said in a cheerful tone as she hung up.

'Well this just got interesting. You are the king of wolves. The. Fucking. King! As the pack historian, I feel I should go with you to document our history.' Devin practically demanded.

'You can't go. You're my Beta. You must remain here until I get back. If something happens to me, you'll have to take over.' Oliver all but yelled through mind-link. 'Besides, I'll be fine. I can ask Shawn to go with me if it puts you at ease. I'll be back before you know it.'