Chapter 24

Harry supported his three, almost four month pregnant belly while he got up from bed. His stomach had of course started to show more than a single pregnancy would have shown, and he didn't like it. He felt huge, like a whale. No, wait, a pregnant whale. With a blown up stomach.

On his weekly scans Dr. Martins told him there was just a matter of time before the babies started moving. The fact that Harry had broken a few ribs didn't actually matter towards the babies, they were totally unharmed.

While Harry sat on the couch watching TV with a bowl of cereal placed on his stomach, his phone started buzzing. He groaned in annoyance and fished it up from a gap between two sofa seats. "Hello?" He answered without even checking the calling ID. "Haz, hey!" He recognized that voice everywhere.

"Hey, Gems! You good?" Harry asked and showed another spoonful of cereal and cool milk in his mouth, instantly starting to chew on it.

"Yeah, I'm good thanks! How is my nieces doing?" Gemma chirped happily.

"Nieces?"

"Yeah? I'm sure it's two girls, you know? My aunt senses are starting to hit in." Harry broke out in fits of laughter. "Gemma, I don't even know the genders. There might be two boys for all you know."

He heard his sister snort shortly before she continued speaking. "Anyways, I'm free today, so I wondered if you... Uh... Wanted to go baby shopping with me? You need to start preparing yourself you know. Niall can tag along if he wants?"

Harry bit his lip and turned down the volume on the TV. "I don't know... I don't feel ready at all." Gemma chuckled in the other end. "Oh, Harry! These babies arrive in a bit more than five months, but time goes faster than you think."

He knew the truth in his sisters words and sighed. He knew he was defeated. "Fine, when do you want to meet?"

"Awesome! What about me pick in you up in thirty minutes or so?" Harry nodded, but then remembered that his sister wasn't any sci-fi vampire who could see in the future, and hurried blurting out a "yeah." Then she hung up.

"Who was that?" Niall came out of his bedroom with a morning hair and droopy eyes. Harry smiled and yawned right after the blonde. "My sister. She... Wanted me to go baby shopping with her."

Niall sank down on the couch beside Harry. "Well?"

"Me and the juniors are going", Harry said patting his bump with a grin. "You wanna come?" Niall laughed and placed his hands on Harry's bump too. "Of course. Their papa number two won't allow himself to miss this!"

.

.

.

Gemma picked the two boys up in her blue Toyota, her hair braided up, wearing a light grey turtleneck. She smiled warmly and greeted them both with a hug. "No morning sickness today?" She asked her brother who sat in the other front seat. Harry shared a gaze with Niall and blushed. Niall chuckled. "He threw up in my baseball caps."

Gemma laughed but quickly put her hand in front of her mouth. "Gosh, I'm sorry!" The three of them continued chatting lightly on the way to the local mall. Gemma told Harry that Anne was knitting the babies a blanket each. Harry told her to say thank you.

"Harry, why don't we invite Anne, Gemma and mum over to lunch tomorrow?" Niall suggested while Gemma pulled into the parking lot. Harry nodded. "That's a great idea."

He really wanted to do all in his power to show Maura that he wasn't an asshole. He loved her son. He wanted to tell her he was happy it was Niall's kids he was carrying.