Chapter 30

Christmas rushed forward and both Harry and Niall got their winter break a bit earlier because of the babies. Harry still had to do some work at home though, so he didn't fail his classes.

Soon Harry was nineteen weeks pregnant and he could really start to feel like a proper whale now. About none of his old jeans fit anymore, so he had all these lady pregnancy pants. It was straight forward embarrassing. His ankles felt swollen and he had gained more weight than he liked.

The babies kicked like crazy. Often one or both had hiccups that kept Harry awake during the night. The morning sickness had passed a long time ago, but still some kind of smells could suddenly out of the blue make him sick and run to the bathroom. Niall was always there, though, holding his long curls back and wiping his forehead with a damp cloth.

The two boys had visited Anne's house a lot of times. She was always in this merry mood when Christmas came around. She baked like fifty different cake sorts and made really special, delicious dinners. Maura was there too, she mostly left Harry alone, only asked him about baby stuff she wanted to know.

"So, Harry, what did Dr. Martins have to say today?" Anne smiled at her son as she took two potatoes over on her plate. She sent it over to Maura and took a slice of steak. Harry smiled and rubbed his bump.

"Even though one of them may be a little ill, they seem okay. Maybe a little smaller than normal, but he said it was because they were twins."

Maura nodded like she actually found the information Harry told important. Niall smiled and grinned proud. "One of them actually also sucked it's thumb." Gemma squealed from where she was seated beside Harry. "Oh my god really? That's so adorable! Did you get a picture?"

Harry smiled at his sister and nodded. "I have it safe in my wallet. I'll let you see later." They continued the dinner chatting easily and eating the delicious meal. When Anne and Gemma carried the dirty dishes away, Maura turned to Niall.

"Hon, maybe you would want to come with me to visit Greg for the weekend? Theo really misses you, you know. It has been a while since last time. "

Niall bit his lip and looked at Harry. It was like he really wanted to go, but was unsure if Harry would be all right. The thought made Harry frown. Why did Niall doubt? He was pregnant, not handicapped. He could handle a few days alone; besides, Louis or Gemma could just stay with him if he wanted company.

"You can go, I'll manage", Harry smiled and gave Niall's arm a gentle squeeze. Niall opened his mouth to protest, but Maura came in front of him and just smiled forcefully. "Excellent. We leave tomorrow morning." Then she went after Anne to help with the dishes.

The two boys sat down on the couch and waited for dessert. "I could stay, you know", Niall said quietly and gently caressed Harry's face. The look of guilt was written deeply and clear in his ocean blue eyes.

Harry shook his head and smiled when Niall's thumb swiped across his lower lip. "No, Ni. Go. Visit your family, go see Theo."

.

.

.

"Merry Christmas, honey!" Anne cheered, smiling as Harry came down the stairs the 25th of December, his five month big belly pretty big and visible. It looked like a bathing ball you stuffed under your shirt as a kid, pretending to have a baby inside, except that this time it was the real deal and not some air inside plastic.

Harry forced a smile as he snapped a cookie from the plate that was placed on the saloon table. It had been hard for him the rest of the past weeks, since Niall hadn't come back when he said. Tooday was Christmas day, and they were opening presents. Harry knew there was baby stuff under the tree, and he wanted so badly to open them with Niall, not without him. He never told Harry why he had to stay, just that it was really important and he was going to explain everything when he arrived back home. When Harry had asked when that was, Niall hadn't replied.

"You feeling okay honey?" Anne asked and gave her son a hug. Her dimples popped out when she smiled. If one or both of the twins were girls, he would want them to look just as beautiful as his mom.

Harry nodded and chewed on the delicious sugar cookie. The flavors exploded in his mouth as the cookie practically melted on his tongue. "Yeah. Just a bit under the weather, I guess."

His mom laughed and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "It's called being pregnant, dear." "I know that, mum".

"Hey, way to go with starting the party without me!" Gemma snorted as she walked into the living room. As her brother, she also wore joggings and a loose t-shirt. Pink bunny slippers sat on her feet. Harry had blue ones and Anne had yellow.

The three of them moved closer to the couch and sank down, smiling up at the tree they had replaced with the TV for the occasion. The star blinked happily on the top and made Harry's heart sink even more. He wished Niall were here.

"Look, first one for you!" Anne smiled and handed Harry a two small cases wrapped in paper. Harry looked at them curiously and looked for a tag. He saw it was from his dad and smiled a wide smile. Des had taken the pregnancy well after the shock had passed. Now he was supporting Harry as everyone else.

Harry opened the presents carefully and awwwed at it. He, or more likely the twins, had gotten a silver spoon each. On a note inside one of the boxes Des had written that Harry could engrave their names into it after they were born.

When all the packages were opened, Harry had gotten a lot of books, baby clothes, a double crib from Anne and Gemma, a commode, and loads of other stuff. What bothered him the most was that his boyfriend weren't there to share the day with him.

AN: 

So, here's another chapter!! I'm so happy for 160K guys omg that's just frikking unbelievable 0.0 I'm so lucky, I have the best readers in the world.

You can still vote for me if you haven't, for the Bromance Awards under 'Popular Narry'. You simply comment with the story name and my username in bromanceawards book. I'm so happy for every vote I get, thank you SO SO much!!

- Iben -

P.S: It's soon summer and I'm going away, so I don't know how recent the updates will be. Also my finger is kinda messed up after a volleyball cup, and it's pretty hard writing with it :/