6

Avery

Alone. I am alone in Rika's penthouse today. I didn't bother asking if she wanted coffee, she probably already had one.

Besides, I am alone. I can do what I want.

I haven't seen the four horsemen since that day at the pool party.

This will be a great moment to get their attention. Even though Rika and I are going to the Crist house tonight. I have to make something out of my time. I checked my cameras.

The four of them are in Michael's penthouse. I know from his living room they can see me. I took note of that in our short time in his apartment. The show must go on, as they say.

Rika told me a little bit about what happened with them. She told me about Devil's night. Not all of it but, enough.

I know she had the most amazing night of her life until the next morning and, the next few years turned into hell.

She also said what Damon had done to her. I am impressed by him. I won't lie, he's been on my mind. So has Will.

Well, all of them.

It's normal, isn't it? He is my mission and I get a bonus if I can make them all fall.

It's normal.

It's time to make them wish they had me. Michael is too wrapped up with Rika, anyway, I don't seek him.

I connect my phone to Rika's speaker and set the volume so it's not too loud, not too low. Just loud enough for them to hear it. I tie my hair in a high ponytail.

I look down at my bra sport and my tiny shorts. It's showtime, after all. Boyfriend by Dove Cameron starts playing and I don't hide my smirk.

I walk around before setting myself in position. I make a turn first before doing an aerial. I feel their eyes on me and I let my hips sway to the music.

I let it take me and I am a good dancer, I know what I am doing is turning them on.

I never dance in front of people so, this is a first. It's for a great cause. My hair is free and I guess from all the turns I am doing, the elastic must have just broken. I am breathing faster and when the song comes to the bridge, I look up at them and our eyes lock.

I raise my eyebrows before turning away and continuing my routine. I don't glance at them again until I feel myself fall. Shit. So much for trying to impress them. I turn on my back and swear again as I feel my ankle throbbing. I think I twisted it. I exhale and in a moment, the door of Rika's apartment slams open, making me jump. The four horsemen come in and I lay back on the ground. Well, I definitely captured their attention.

Good.

''Well, that was, wow'' Kai jokes. I close my eyes and as I try to stand up, I wince and fall right back on the floor.

Will walks to me and he pulls me up. I lean on him and then I see Damon standing in front of us. He's staring down at me. I look at my legs and when I try to get out of Will's hold, Damon tucks my hair behind my ear.

I shake my head, avoiding his touch. Even if Will's hand is on my waist, he's just helping me.

Damon wants me to fall in his embrace. It won't happen.