13

Avery

Take it from me. You're better off with a really good lie than with the truth. I don't know how Michael figured it out but I know he did. The way he looked at me, he knows. He knows what she did. What they all did. He's not certain yet. We are growing closer to each other. Except for Kai and Michael. Even Kai and I, he's not fond of me but, we get along.

Luke quit on me. He said that they knew and he was done. After all these years, he dropped me.

I have no insurance after this. Where am I going to live? With the four horsemen? Funny. With Rika? She won't even want to talk to me ever again. After all of this goes down, I am screwed. I know when to pull away and I can tell who will win. They will win against me. Luke quit!!

Therefore his team quit on me and I won't have information on them anymore. I am now the fucking prey. Luke was like a father to me. He saved me. I bet Michael figured that out, too. It's on him. His move. I haven't lost yet. I can still win. But, I will have to stick with them. I need to. Otherwise, as I said, I am screwed. Is it bad that I am both sad and happy?

I am trying to figure out how that could be. I am a little twisted, yes. Fuck him. Luke will never get the chance to take them down and I will not go back running to him. I am not a dog like my sister. I choose my battles. I lost this one but, I will win the other. I still have to get to him.

Damon was my first mission and he still is. Although, the game has changed. I don't want him nor Will to go down for this. They wanted to hurt me, I know. Unlike the four horsemen, I won't hurt them. I will make them feel bad.

They will feel their insides twist with guilt and they deserve every fucking inch of it. I still don't know if they want me on their revenge plan for Rika. I hope they'll say yes. If not, I tell Rika everything.

It seems to me like the choice is pretty obvious. I take my phone with me before walking to the elevator. Damon has my number, he'll call me. After he attempted making me have sex with him, we made out. It was amazing.

His hands stayed on my hips and I was able to kiss him as hard as I wanted to. He kept groaning and he was right. I was turned on. Will I ever admit it? In his dreams. My ankle is not that bad.

As long as I don't put too much pressure on it, I should be fine. I walk in front of the guard I lied to when I first arrived and it's funny how now we are kind of friends. I don't even know his name, he doesn't know mine. I just call him Ric and he calls me Elsa.

He said I remind him of that girl in frozen. I strongly disagree but I guess it's an inside. I nod at him as I walk towards the big window doors. I am about to walk out until I spot Alex. I turn to her and she looks me up and down.

''Hi, stranger'' she greets and walks past me. I follow her back to the elevators. She takes the one to Michael's penthouse. I guess one of them needs a little help.

''Hey, Alex'' I limp after her. She notices and helps me walk with her.

''Thanks,'' I murmur. She shrugs it off by offering me her iced coffee. Alex is intriguing. She's not hard to figure out but it's what she thinks and what she says that makes her special. I understand why Will chose her.

''Has it occurred to you, yet?'' she asks. I raise my eyebrows and chuckle.

''Yeah, it has'' I say. I love manipulating the manipulator. An exquisite feeling, I will never get enough of it.