8

Avery

Erica Fane plays her parts well and so do I. Like sisters like sisters, right?

Damon is so easy to manipulate. He is my mission. This is a good thing. But why do I enjoy my time with him? His lips on mine made electricity rush through my veins. I wanted to kiss him as hard as he was kissing me but I couldn't. I know for a fact, Damon never let a woman be on top of him and he let me.

Was it because he was too caught up in the moment? Maybe. I don't even know why I risked it but It's the only good explanation. I made him hard and it is a boost for my ego. I don't know why. I knew I was hot but I had never turned a guy on like that before, not that I ever tried.

Damon forced me to get in Michael's car. He said he couldn't hold me forever and his house wasn't so close to the Crist's. That was a lie. Did he want to make sure I wouldn't hurt me more or did he was really tired to carry me around? Well, it can't be the second choice since I never asked him to.

He offered me his arm. That's on him. He showed me the whole neighborhood, along with Rika's mother's jewelry. It was pretty. Then again, I was jealous of Rika. But for what?

I owe my growth to what happened to me. Rika has always had it easy, I don't care what she says. The conditions she endured were far better than what I had to deal with. It's not her fault and I don't blame her. I only blame her for not fighting harder for me.

Anyway, Damon helped me get into bed, such a gentleman. My ankle is swollen but it is alright. It should get better but I am thankful for Damon's help.

What? I am not going to deny it.

The Crist's house is surely interesting at night. The house is peaceful except for whatever movie Rika and Michael are watching. Look, I don't know what's up with them but she is very stupid. She is with the enemy and because of their past and how hot he is, she will never let him go.

At least, one of us can. I toss and turn a lot. The bed is comfortable but I just can't seem to sleep. And of course, something makes it worse.

''Yes!'' I hear Rika moan. I snort and cuss. I hear her again and I take the pillow, burying my head in it.

''Michael!''

Jesus.

Can't she at least, try to be quiet? Is it so impossible? I hear the door of my room open and as I want to take the pillow off of my face, someone puts pressure on it.

Damon.

He's on top of me, I can feel him. The smell of whiskey and cigarette assaults my nostrils and I breathe into it.

''I can't breathe'' I push at his face with my hands. He doesn't take the pillow right away. But when he does, I slap him, accidentally.

He stares at me and my hands are covering my mouth.

He leans into me and when I smell his cologne, my heart stops on the spot.

''I'll do something that will indeed make you out of breath'' he whispers. I know he can feel my heart beating against his chest. Thank god for Rika's moan, I turn my head to the door and roll my eyes.