29

Avery

Floating. My head is swaying and it feels like my body is in the air. I blink my eyes open, feeling a sharp pain in my forearm. I sit, checking my injury. It's dried now. There's no blood anymore but it will definitely leave a scar. Damon. I still, remembering what happened. Where am I? Where's Rika? I look around and spot her on the other bed next to me. I rush out of the bed I am in and I put my head on her chest. She's breathing, her heart is beating. Everything is fine. But no. Everything is not fine. We are on a boat. I've never been on a boat before. I can not panic, not now. I have to think.

''I am glad you're okay'' I hear behind me. I jerk my head around. Damon stands on a couch, leaning a shoulder on the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

''I was starting to worry'' he says, so calmly, it makes me freak out. What's he thinking about? I know he wants to hurt me. Rika grunts and when she does, Damon takes my wrist and shoves me on the bed I was previously on. He puts a hand over my mouth, keeping his eyes on Rika. She opens her eyes and she closes them right after. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

''Watching you sleep, it makes you look innocent'' he says. His hand is still covering my mouth and I don't try to get away. Why would I? I know he has a plan. I have to remain calm and think about this.

''Yeah, so clean and perfect. Only you're not so clean anymore, are you?'' he gloats, his fingers brushing my hair behind my ear. I try to answer him but it's impossible. I shake my head and Damon smiles.

''Don't worry, like sister like sisters. He'll get some fun out of you but he'd never marry his brother's whore'' that's when I know, that was Trevor. He was holding me and choking me. I have to say, Damon is smart. I should have known. Before I know it, Rika is out of bed and pushing Damon off of me. But, behind her stand Trevor. His hand comes down and whips across her face. She steps back, trying not to fall. Damon does the same to me and tears spring to my eyes. Damon sits on my chest, my lungs emptying as he puts his weight on me.

''Please, Damon'' I bark. Trevor holds Rika and all I can see is him hitting her again.

''Don't talk'' he growls. I cough and try to breathe. He finally gets off of me and that's when I notice he's cuffed me on the bed. I try to yank my hands away but it's useless. Trevor does the same to Rika. She fights back and it's impressive but when he hits her on the side of her face, I know she has lost. We both have.

''Where are we?'' I demand, my skin burning under the knots he tied.

''Two miles off the coast of Thunder Bay'' I don't know what that means but I hate the ocean. I am scared of it. For as long as I can remember. Fucking Trevor. The fucking Crists have a way of making my fears come back to me.

''Michael'' I hear Rika say. I turn my head to her and she looks lost.

''He'll be here soon'' Damon says, sounding like he's saying, it'll all be over soon. I shiver under Damon's touch and he forces my thighs apart.

''I have you to myself again'' he whispers. Tears spill down to the sides of my face as I try to yank my wrists free.

''Such a fighter. I knew you were going to be a lot of fun the moment I saw you'' I press my feet into the mattress, which only makes me arch my back. And I am back at when he fucked me. I breathe harder as he pushes himself between me.