33

Avery

Being shot has got to be one of the highlights in my life. Don't get me wrong, it hurts like a mother but, I don't know. I guess, it kind of made me realize how easily my life could be taken away from me. It happened before, right after the fire, I felt like this. I really only want to be happy and to live. But, how can I be happy if everything that happened keeps coming back to me in my dreams?

For once, in my life, I want more than I already have. I have to let go of what I thought my life was going to be and embrace where I am right now.

I am getting out of the hospital today. The fact I was pregnant with Damon makes me sad and I do not care what Rika said, I know he'll hate me more if he knows this. I have no idea where he is and I do not plan on finding him either. He's still a threat but, what else would he do? Kill me for good? He had his chance the first time, it didn't happen. He's weak. I love him and every time I think about him, my heart breaks. But as I said, you cross me once, you don't cross me twice. I don't care. If he wants to show up, he shall. I'll be waiting for him. I'd love to see him try again.

'' Are you ready?'' Rika and Michael are here today. I smile at them and I sit up with Will's help. Something in my heart lightens and I have to bite back my giggle. It's crazy how they changed me. How he changed me.

''Do you trust me?'' Will whispers in my ear. I twist my head to him and I nod. He pulls me up and once I am on my feet, I lose my balance. It's not the first time I am walking but it isn't easy. Luckily, Kai is next to me. He catches me before kissing my forehead. I know he likes the chase and perhaps he'll still chase me but I see him like a big brother. Well, Michael too. It's weird, in a way.

''Okay one step after the other, let's get you changed'' Will helps me to the bathroom and I can't help but be sassy.

''I know how to walk Willy'' I mutter. I see his jaw clench and once the door is closed, he sits me on the counter. Will pulls the hospital dress so fast, my breath gets caught in my throat. The cold hair hits my skin and I feel a shiver running down my spine. Will lays his forehead against mine and his eyes are staring deeply at mine.

''You can look'' I whisper. Will shakes his head and I narrow my eyes. Wow, that hurts.

''Why not?'' I feel my arms covering my breasts but he stops me.

''Too pretty'' he says. The heat reaches my cheeks and I don't have to think twice before he lifts my arms up. He pulls one of my black dress on me and he kisses my neck as he does.
He's so gentle and god, I want him to touch me. I want to touch him. He might be waiting for a good time, but I don't think I'll be able to hold it very much longer.

Once I am fully dressed, Will puts a strand of my hair behind my ear before kissing my forehead. He helps me off the counter and he opens the door, walking us to the others.

Rika smiles at me and I have to say, I do not forgive her. I do hold grudges against her but, I hold grudges about everyone. I love and care for her. She's one of us now. We are on the same team. I just have to be less wary of them. Which will never happen. It's the way I am. But I can try.

''Okay, do you have everything?'' Kai asks. I look at my suitcase that he's holding and nod towards it.

''Seems like you've got it'' he laughs and Will urges me forward. We walk to the elevator and it's crazy how safe I feel with them. They make me feel safe and secure. Especially Will.
Being back in this elevator makes my insides twist and I lean on Will. I get tired very fast but as long as I have him by my side, I could be awake just to see his smile, just to feel his lips on mine.