16

Avery

Nightmares are one thing I can not run away from. I have them often. Rika doesn't know about them. Actually, no one knows about them. What happened, happened. I am not sure why it still haunts me. It feels like I am trapped in a cage, it's dark, and my skin is burning. I am living, constantly in fear that something bad is about to happen. Fuck Rika and Michael.

I wake up from the beautiful night I spent with Damon and from my nightmare. My body squirms and my breathing gets extremely heavier. I have to raise my hand to my chest to stop myself from crying. Suddenly, I feel an arm snake around my waist and lips kissing my neck. Damon.

''What's wrong?'' he asks. I lean into him. My insides twist with comfort. I never needed someone before but now I believe I do not only need him, I crave him.

''Nothing'' I lie. I try to slow my breathing and with Damon's kisses, it works.

''Did you have a nightmare?'' He tucks my hair behind my ears. I try to get away from him but he only brings me back in his arms. His arms are so fucking big. He's so strong, it's impossible to walk away.

''Avery, talk to me'' he pleads. I can't stop the tears from forming behind my eyelids. They drop and I don't even care if he notices. It's their fault, after all.

''Darling? Do you want to take a shower? It will make you feel better'' he whispers. I nod, faster than I intended.

''OK, come here'' he turns me around, facing him. I smile at him and he wipes my cheeks.

''I'll come with you''

''Okay,'' he grabs my waist and helps me to my feet. I have his shirt on and he only wears his boxers. He puts my arm over his shoulders, almost falling on him. He helps me to his bathroom, pressing kisses on my jaw. I love this so fucking much. The way he makes me feel. Ugh. I can not express how good I feel when I am with him.

''Alright, lift your arms'' I do.

''Little liar, are you sure you're not a slut?'' I narrow my eyes before glancing at myself in the mirror. Jesus. Damon surely left his mark. I have at least ten hickeys on my breasts and more on my stomach.

''Only for you'' I murmur. He smirks, watching my eyes instead of the rest of my body. So respectful and for what?

''Good girl'' I have a kink. My whole kink is Damon and whatever he does and whatever he says. I would fucking be on my knees, begging him to fuck me. Although, that's pretty not accurate. I would never do this, only in my head.

''Can you walk on your own?'' he starts the shower and it's so fucking big. The walls are black, the shower walls are transparent and the light is in the ceiling. The hot water hits my skin and I gasp. Feeling it drain down my whole body. He was right, I feel better.

''I don't think so'' I admit. He grins before letting go of my hips and leaning on the shower wall. I almost lose my balance as I walk to him. I can't walk. Not only because of my ankle but I am sore. So, sore.

''My work here is done'' I snort.

''Don't flatter yourself'' I bite back. He cocks his eyebrows and I grab his neck instead of gripping his shoulders.