17

Avery

They took all her money out of her bank account. Brilliant plan, I must say. Rika must be freaking out by now. I just can't wait to see the look on her fucking face. She deserves what's coming to her.

''Okay, we'll go. Avery, do as we planned ac-''

''Act surprised, follow her, keep asking what's wrong. I got it'' I interrupt Michael. I am not a fucking child. I know what I am doing. I know Rika better than anyone else. Will doesn't glance my way. Kai is smirking so hard as he notices Damon's hand around my waist. Things will change. For better? For worse? I am not sure.

''Okay. Let's do this'' Michael is stressed. I know this. He's in love with Rika. Will he stand by his friends or by her? I know the answer to that. She betrayed them. He will never stand with her.

''Alright, see you later darling'' Damon kisses my cheek and I blush.

''Okay,'' I whisper. I walk to Kai and he straightens his suit. I nod and he returns it. I move to Will and when his eyes meet mine, I know I have hurt him. How? I touch his shoulders and he frowns.

''Your tie. Just- it isn't right'' I clear my throat. I arrange it and I see him gulp. I look behind me, feeling Damon's eyes burning on me. Something must have happened between them. An argument? About me? Probably. I wouldn't be surprised.

''Thank you'' Will kisses my forehead and I press my lips together. I turn to Michael and I can't do it. I hate him. I raise my eyebrows and walk to the elevator. Damon follows after me, making sure I can walk.

''Don't mess this up'' I yell. Kai chuckles, Michael smiles, Will bites back his grin and, Damon smirks like a fucking idiot. A fucking idiot I would walk through fire just to earn his smile.

''We won't. We got this'' he taps my shoulder, sending me backward, collapsing on the elevator wall. I wince and Damon's eyes widen.

''Sorry babe, you okay?'' He walks in and I push him out before the door closes. Did he just call me babe?

''I am fine'' I whisper before the doors completely close. I sigh. Here goes nothing, Rika is going to pay and it will be priceless.
I find it hard to walk to her apartment but I still manage to do it. I open the door and when I do, my phone rings. I smirk. It's starting. I close the door before answering her.

''Hello?'' I ask.

''Hey! Um, I am coming back I'll just stop at this shop I need to get books for school'' she answers. I smile to myself. Great. She doesn't know yet.

''OK, um wanna meet up at the coffee shop in Delcour?'' I do sound believable. I know I am a good actress. Every time, I surprise myself.

''Yes! That would be great. I need to talk to you about Damon'' I snort. I know what she wants to talk about. As far as I am concerned, she only knows we slept together back at the Crist's and that he took me back to Meridian city because of my ankle. She has no idea what happened in the last four days. A lot can happen in one day, imagine in four.

''Right, love you'' I say.

''Love you too'' and then, she hangs up. Fuck, this is going to be so much fun.