23

Michael
Five years ago

I fucking hate this town. Fuck Trevor, fuck my dad. If I could run away, I would. The only thing keeping me from doing it is the guys and her. I am a fool, I know it. It won't ever happen between us. She's destined to be Trevor's. As much as that upsets me, I can't do anything about it. It's not like she would want to be with me if she wanted, right?

I am walking, around the neighborhood. It's peaceful at this hour. Mostly because all the kids are in school and I am skipping. Kai won't be happy I didn't come to practice but it's just one practice. It won't change anything.

Basketball is my life, it's not my dad's dream. Trevor is winning him so I guess I have to be the disappointment. Stupid family. If you ask me, just because you have the same blood doesn't necessarily mean you're family. It's about who would risk everything for you. It's not about power or money. It's about the people you love. They have done nothing to earn my love.

Fuck, I would still do anything for Trevor if he gets in trouble, well it depends on the kind of trouble. And my dad, I can't disobey him. Unless I have a death wish. I am listening to music, watching the world, the people, everything. I cross the drugstore and decide to go in it. Fuck it, I want a slush. Blue and green are the best combo. I am not sure why the others find it disgusting. Well, Will said it was okay, fuck that, it's the best.

''Sup Marc'' I greet and walk to the counter.

''Michael Crist, what can I do for you?'' yeah, Marc doesn't like me. He has an accent from southwest America and we may or may not have made fun of him because of that.

''Shouldn't you say: Hi welcome to-'' he cuts me off. '

'No, not to you'' I laugh. I walk towards the slush machine, still surprised this drugstore sells them. But, as I arrive, a girl is already there. She looks like Rika. Her hair is blonde but it's longer than Rika's. She's also shorter than her but she looks so similar to her. I walk to her and peek over her shoulder. Blue and green. Uh. Rika's favorite is red, it can't be her. Besides, she would never skip class.

''Blue and green, uh? Not sure I've met someone who likes that mix'' I say as I take a cup. She turns to me. Her eyes are green, an emerald green. Her lips are the same as Rika's but the rest of her face isn't the same. It's weird. How come they look so alike?

''People who don't like blue and green slush are stupid'' she says. I snort before pouring the slush into my cup.

''What's your name?'' I ask, my eyes fixed on the side of her face.

''What's your name?'' She shoots back. I raise my eyebrows. I walk to the counter but she doesn't follow me. Her hand is in her pocket and it's like she realized she had forgotten something. Her gaze meets mine and I shrug.

''It's on me'' I say, taking her slush from her hands. She doesn't protest. She's intriguing. I don't think I've ever seen her before. She hesitantly follows me. I put the slush on the counter and Marc eyes her up and down. Pervert. I take her hand, I don't know why I did but I am glad I did. I saw her flinch but she pulls it off by smiling.

''That your girlfriend?'' Marc asks before I hand him a five-dollar bill.

''The only one'' I say, kissing her cheek. She blushes and once Marc gives me back my change, she takes her slush and walks out. She almost runs but I catch her wrist.