30

Will

''FASTER!'' Michael yells. We are all trying to keep our calm but fuck Michael is making it impossible.

''It's at top speed. Relax he left that note for a reason, he wants us to find them'' I am having a hard time believing myself.

''That doesn't mean he's not hurting them. Hurry!'' A wave of wind hits us as we race over the water. Fucking Trevor.

When Michael had gotten to Rika's apartment, she hadn't answered the door, nor did Avery. He called me, asking if she was with me and I said no and I rushed to the elevators. Michale used his key and barged in, dividing thing whole damn place dark and empty with nothing but a note lying on the floor. One word. Pithom.

We flew out of the apartment, called Kai, and sped out of the city. I know Damon. He wants to hurt her right now but Avery is smart, she can say things that will make him stop. I am not too worried for them about Damon. I am worried for them about Trevor. If he hurts her, he'll pay with his life. The yacht gets bigger as we get closer, I slow the engine, circling the craft all the way around the stern where we slow to a crawl. Michale jumps out when Kai secures a line.

''You stay here'' Michael orders me. I laugh in his face.

''No fucking way'' I walk past him and climb the stairs. I am not staying there, doing nothing as Avery is in danger. Fuck no.

''OK, Kai stay here. Watch the speed boats'' I hear Michael say as I get closer to the top deck.
I march the stairs and once I am on it, I look carefully around. There's no one, literally no one. I look down at Kai and I continue to search for something. That's when I spot her, Avery. She is running but a hand grabs her hair and yanks her back. I run to her but in an instant, I find myself on the floor, Damon hovering over me. He hits me in the face but that doesn't knock me out. All it does is make me stay on the floor, making them believe I am in fact knocked out. I am not that easy to take. He should know.

''Stop, please stop'' Avery begs as I hear her body hit the deck. She grunts and it takes everything in me not to go and help her.

''Dirty slut, don't you think?'' Trevor asks. Avery spits in his face and I keep myself from laughing. Damon must know I am faking but he doesn't say anything. He keeps his feet on my chest. And then I hear Michael and Rika. That's when I push him off and get on my feet. Avery smiles and when I grab her hand, Trevor pushes her to me. I stroke her head only to find that it's wet. It's dripping blood. I walk backward to Michael and Rika. Their eyes are fixed on Trevor. I hear Kai, struggling as he's in the water. I glance at Michael but he shakes his head. Not now. He lurches for Trevor but he takes out a pistol.

''What the fuck?'' He yells. I hold onto Avery tighter, her breath slowing each minute I keep her in my arms.

''Did you know that the average depth of the Atlantic Ocean is 10,955 feet?'' Trevor asks calmly, ignoring Michael's anger.

''It's dark. Cold. And when something goes down there, it's not coming back up'' he goes on before looking at Kai and back at Michael.

''You would never find him'' I look at Kai and I try to keep myself calm.

''Are you okay?'' Michael rushes out and Avery nods.

''I am fine'' she bites out. She's shaking but she turns around, facing Damon and Trevor.

''What the fuck are you doing? You gonna kill us?'' Avery shouts and I yank her back. She's crazy.