Wishes

When he returned to his office, the little red light on his phone was blinking. Another message… He let out a deep sigh, sinking into his chair. He was simply unable to go to the bathroom without being harassed by other employees. He composed his password to access his mailbox. Let’s see what the emergency is. The first message came from Bob, telling him there was a big problem with the system on third floor and everyone panicked. The second message was left by his boss’s secretary who wanted to receive a copy of his report before the end of the day. Fuck it! When he heard the voice of his girlfriend, his heart began to beat wildly. The tone of her voice told him no good.

“Hi David. I would have liked to know why you’re not at your desk, but frankly I don’t care. Forget about our lunch, okay? I have something else to do. Bye.”

He closed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair. She broke his heart once again by canceling at the last minute. It wasn’t the first time she did that to him, but it hurt every time. He knew she wasn’t worth all the trouble. He loved her so much. That was probably why he forgave her all her wrongdoing.

“Did you saw Allan?” a colleague passing by his office asked him.

David looked up at him, surprised. He shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. He didn’t know where Allan was. Since he was hired, everyone was constantly seeking for him. His colleague went away, grumbling. He seemed really angry not to find him.

“David!” Tobias cried. “Bring your ass in my office!”

Can I get peace for only five minutes? He painfully rose from his chair and walked to Tobias’ office. When he passed by the door of the men’s room, he heard laughter. A woman was there. He listened, but the door opened at that moment. He found himself face to face with Allan. Ah! This is why we’re always looking for him! The woman raise her head, a surprise look on her face. She replaced her blouse without leaving David from her sight.

“Are you going to stay there for long?” she spat out scornfully.

She glanced at Allan before leaving them. Allan frowned, casting a glance at David.

“You know her?” Allan asked him.

“Yes.”

It was my girlfriend… You fuck my girlfriend at my working place… Without saying anything, he continued his way to Tobias’s office that seemed on the verge of hysteria. He eventually calmed down when he saw the young woman going towards the exit. Everyone knew David’s pathetic love story. Felicia, his girlfriend, was fucking every guy she met. She was a real bitch without a heart, but David kept hope she’ll change someday. Then he let her do whatever she wanted. But the situation made him suffer a lot. Felicia didn’t respect anything or anyone. Everyone heard her saying she would never change because she didn’t wanted to. In addition, she ridiculed David at the slightest opportunity. She was amusing herself seeing like this. But she was the only one laughing. David was a good man who didn’t deserve all that.

It was the first time he met one of her many lovers. It never happened before. And today he celebrated his thirtieth birthday. What a gift she had for him. Tobias cleared his throat to get his attention on something else.

“Don’t forget to bring the report that the boss has asked you. Okay?”

“I won’t forget.”

Tobias motioned him to get back to work.

* * * * *

“And he really saw her out of the bathroom?” Greg asked them, stunned.

“Yes!” Tobias replied. “That bitch went out with this idiot Allan as if everything was fine.”

“She has no moral,” Bernard sighed. “He let her do whatever she wants! She could at least stay away from his work.”