4: ☆Liar

We stopped to rest on one of the high branches of the forest. I released my mother and walked to the edge of the tree looking down.

"Carla be careful I don't want you to fall," my mother called behind me.

I turned around and looked at everyone landing on the branch.

"What's the point, running won't change a thing. I'll still be a titan. So all of you just go home and forget about me. Staying will only cause you pain,"

They all just stared at me not sure how to respond.

"Carla. We're here because we care, family doesn't leave anyone behind," Uncle Arlert said.

"Thank you guys. But don't you know that family also protects eachother no matter the cost," I smiled then I jumped off the tree and bit into my hand.

There was a huge flash and I began to run as fast as possible away from everyone. I didn't want them to get wound up in my mess any longer. They didn't deserve this.

I kept on running even when I could no longer hear the sound of the ODM gear or their yelling voices.

As the sun began to set I stopped by a hidden cave and ejected myself from my titan form. It was quick to steam up and dissapear.

I began to search nearby for sticks to build a fire in the cave to keep me warm.

When I returned to the cave I set up the sticks and lit the fire with friction. Then I pulled my legs up to my chest.

"This is for them," I mumbled repeatedly till I fell asleep.

....

I saw a young girl standing infront of me. Her blonde hair blowing gently in the breeze.

"W-who are you?" I asked.

She gave me a smile.

"Welcome Carla, its about time you showed up here. My name is Ymir Fritz,"

I looked at her in confusion.

"I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean," I said confused.

"You are the direct descendent of Eren Yeager who was also know to people as the founding titan. Before your father died he found out that he could not fully annihilate the curse of Ymir. The only way he could stop the peoples suffering was to give up his own life and to have his first born child to bear the curse of Ymir in exchange for the people to be free from the curse," She explained.

I looked at her in disbelief.

"My father would never do that to his only child. His family is more important to him than everything," I yelled.

She gave me a look of sympathy then continued on.

"You are now the only person who has the curse and you are the only one who can do what your father was unable to achieve. You must destroy the curse before you die or else titans will once again roam the earth, leaving civilisation to crumble,"

I groaned.

"Yah right. Your story is quite good but im not an idiot. My father gave his life to safe the people from the curse but he would never bestow the curse upon his flesh and blood. And this nonsense about me getting rid of the remains of the curse or everyone will basically die is complete bullshit. But even if what you say is true well then I guess the world is screwed then cause I'm not hero," I rambled

The girl walked over to me and placed her hands on my shoulder.

"I know that there's a part of you that knows what I'm saying is true. So stop denying it. The world is counting on you,"

I pushed her away from me.

"Go find someone else," I said then walked away from her.

I suddently woke up from my dream and held my head. Jeez just what I need right now, another random dream.

I got up and stretched as the sunlight shone into the cave.

"I'd better head off and find somewhere to stay," I yawned.

I walked out of the cave and closed my eyes. Pointing a finger infront of me I turned around several times and then opened my eyes.

"I guess I'm going that way," I said.