8: ☆Back with the family

"You ready?" Uncle Jean asked

I nodded my head. I was then slowly lifted from the ground by my waist.

"Deep breaths," I mumbled.

I felt my feet leaving the ground and I focused all my attention on balancing.

"You pass," Uncle Levi said while writing something on a piece of paper.

I smiled as I was brought back down onto the ground.

"You were amazing!" Haru said giving me a hug.

I patted his head.

"I'm sure you'll do great too when it's your turn?" I smiled.

Someone behind me then loudly cleared their throat. I turned to look at them.

"Not to bad for your first try, but you were quite wobbly at the start," Kyle said.

Tamara stood next to him with a wide grin.

"I think I quite remember you failing the first four or was it five times that you were suspended in the air," Tamara jeered.

I watched the two as they got into an arguement.

"I guess I'm next," Chris sighed. "Are you sure these are on right?" He questioned fiddling with the straps around his waist.

"You'll be fine," I groaned shoving him forward.

Uncle Levi was quick to get Chris ready.

"Bring the brat up," Uncle Levi ordered Jean.

The moment Chris's feet left the ground he tipped forward and hit his head off the ground. I quickly ran over to check on him.

"Idiot," I said as I wrapped his head. "Alright let's try it again,".

Uncle Jean then raised Chris again but this time he didn't fall.

"See its easy you idiot," I said.

Ezra was next up and there was no surprise when he was able to keep his balance.

"Show off," Chris muttered quietly.

It was finally Haru's turn and I felt anxious for him, I didn't want a young boy like him to get involved.

As Uncle Levi was getting Haru ready I grabbed his arm.

"Isn't he to young for this," I said.

Uncle Levi patted my head.

"Just trust the boy, he's stronger than you think Carla," he sighed.

I nodded my head and backed away. I held onto my breath when Haru was lifted up and was relieved when he didn't fall. Uncle Levi then wrote something again on a sheet of paper.

"Alright brats you're done for the day, tomorrow you are to get up at the crack of dawn and meet up back here. Anyone late will have to do 10 laps around the course for every second they're late. Understood brats!" Levi yelled.

We all saluted.

"Yes sir," we said in unison.

Levi walked away from us and Uncle Jean followed behind him.

"I can't wait for tomorrow. I'll be able to kick all your asses!" Kyle announced.

I smacked his head. "Tch, Quite being so airheaded brat,"I hissed.

"Ow that hurt," he whined.

"Good, it was supposed to,".

Kyle continued on whining. "Why are you always so mean to me cous,".