Chapter I: The Intro

Marley's POV

"Mar, you still there?" Ian said.

"Yeah sorry, I was tapped out." I said.

"Let me hit you up later, love you" Ian said.

Before I could reply the line went dead. Me and Ian have been on and off for as long as I can remember. We're not in a relationship now. Let's just say we care for each other.

We kind of were each other's first -- when it comes down to love. He's the only guy that hasn't hurt me. That just makes me love and respect him even more. I'm safe to say that the feelings are mutual.

"Mar, I need you!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"Coming," I shook off my thoughts and ran to her aid. She was downstairs wrapping a present for me . The box was small. I wonder what could she be up too now.

My mom knew how much I hated surprises; that made her just want to surprise me even more. --anyway back to this gift --

"Umm, mom what's that?" I said, pointing at the box.

"It's something you've been dying to have." She replied.

"Any hints ma'am?" I asked.

She shoved the box in my hand excitedly, "Just open it!"

My heart began racing as I slowly untied the bow on top. When I lifted the box top, there laid a brand new set of Porsche keys.

-- can someone pinch me so I can make sure that I'm not dreaming -- I was lost in a daze.

"Baby, it's yours! Are you happy!?" She asked.

I jumped straight up, tackling her as I hugged her.

"Oh my ..., thanks so much mom!"" Can I take her for a ride?"

"Sure!" She replied.

I squealed so loud that I woke my baby sister up. Her name was Aaliyah and she was 2 years old. Her and I have different dads, but he treats me as his own. I haven't seen my mom as happy as this, a day in her life! I look up to my mother and step-father's relationship.

I continued hopping up the stairs and into my room. I threw on a white crop top and some black and white Adidas sweatpants. I quickly brushed my long wavy hair and put a black beanie on.

"Marley! Come here Hun!" My mother was calling me again.

Before acknowledging her, I picked Aaliyah up and walked into the kitchen.

"While your out can you drop this package off."" Oh, and hey ... Your curfew is at 1 a.m. Have fun!" My mom said. She kissed my forehead and took Aaliyah from me. I kissed Aaliyah and her then dashed for the door.

The car was all white with black interior. I instantly fell in love. This car is the sh*t and I'm going to make it known.

Before backing out of the driveway, I shot Ian a text.

Me: Hey, where you at?
Ian: On 10th
Me: Alright, I'm headed your way.
Ian: Is everything okay?

I didn't reply because I enjoyed making Ian worry just a little. It reminded me that he actually cared. It only took me about 7 minutes to reach Ian's location. At first he didn't recognize the vehicle until I rolled down my window.

"Ian, get in!" I shouted

He did a quick double-take while a huge smile grew on his face. He jumped into the passenger side then we sped off.

"Which one of your babies gave you this?" He asked

I hated when he tried throwing up other guys in my face. I only wanted one person, and that person is him. I just don't want to ruin our amazing friendship we have now.

"No, my mom and Dave just bought it for me." I replied bluntly.

The car grew quiet as our favorite song, Own It by Drake, came on the radio. I started singing without even thinking about it too much. As I was singing our song, Ian chimed in, "It's yours. Own it." I felt the butterflies growing in my stomach but I quickly ignored them.

It was 5 and I still had my mom's package in the back.

"Oh sh*t!" I mumbled

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I need to drop off that package A$AP before I take you home Ian!" I said in a loud voice.

He laughed,"Calm down Mar."

"Make a right at this light, I gotcha."

I did exactly as he said, without asking any questions.

He jumped out and jogged to the back of the car. He grabbed the gift and was back in less than 5 minutes.

"Thanks." I said.

"Ready to head to your crib?" I asked.

"Yeah Mar, I have something to show you." He said with a smirk on his face.

-- oh goodness, another surprise--