Chapter XVII

** Ian's POV **

I looked through the peephole and there stood my dad and Marley's parents. I immediately unlocked the door and flung it open.

My dad barged in first with Sadé and Clyde following him. I noticed a big smile on my father's face. What the hell is going on?

"Mom, Dad, y'all are okay!" Marley squealed as she ran up and hugged her parents.

"It's okay baby. Everything's fine." Her mom said while kissing her.

"Dad what's going on?" I asked.

"Son, we got him!" My dad shouted.

"Got who?" I asked.

"Devin! We got Devin. The nigga that tried to kill your mom." My dad explained.

"Oh, thank god." I said while smiling.

"He's one dumb motherfucker. He really thought we wouldn't pick up on him." Clyde added.

Marley's mom hot him on the arm while glaring at him.

"What?! They're grown now!" Clyde shouted.

The whole room filled with laughter as we all sat down in the living area. Suddenly, there was another knock on the door. Me and Marley jumped up while Clyde walked to the door.

He peered through he peephole then opened the door. It was Marley's aunt, Chantel.

"Hey guys, y'all alright?" She asked while entering the room with two paper bags.

"Yes." They all said in unison.

"Well, I have snacks. I know y'all hungry." She added while taking a seat by Sadé.

All of us ripped the bags open and grabbed out something to eat. I didn't realize I was this hungry until now.

"So what's the update?" Chantel asked, cutting straight to the point.

"Well, we got the guy. I recognized the kid from the jump. I helped him get where he was and he turned on me like that? I couldn't believe him but tomorrow I will be doing some major damage control. As far as his homeboys that he was rolling with, they're gone." My dad explained while Clyde and Sadé began grinning.

"What's so funny?" Marley asked.

"We got them baby that's what's funny." Her mom said.

Damn I didn't know Sadé was built like that.

"So where's Devin. Is he 'gone' too?" I asked.

"He's not completely dead yet. I still want to have a little fun with him. I'm not going to out him out of his misery that quick." My dad replied.

"Well, I'm just happy everyone is okay and we can go back to being happy. Things could've gotten worse than this." Chantel said.

"You're right, but our team always ends up on top." Clyde said while dapping my dad.

"Y'all are some clowns." Sadé said while getting up and laughing.

"Well I guess I'd better get going then. I'll meet you guys at the hospital tomorrow morning." Chantel said while waving at us.

I watched as her and Sadé hugged. She grabbed her purse and walked out of the door.

"Man, what a night!" Sadé said loudly.

"Mom?!" Marley shouted.

"What baby?" She asked; calmly this time.

"You're a complete gangster. My mom is a female gangster." Marley said while smiling.

They both giggled and hugged. I'm glad Marley took this well cause she's always overthinking situations. I guess she's just happy everyone is safe and order has been restored. I know that's how I feel about the situation.

"Where's our rooms?" Clyde intercepted.

"Well, the girls are in that room." I said while pointing at the first bedroom.

"The choice is really yours." I added.

"Okay, me and Sadé will take the room on the end. We have business to handle." He said while smirking.

"Eww guys!" Marley squealed while laughing.

My dad choose the room beside the girls. I guess Marley and I have the middle room to ourselves.

"That's Everybody then." I said.

"Aye, hold up Ian. Where you sleeping?" Clyde asked.

"With me." Marley butted in.

"No the hell he ain't!" Clyde said loudly.

"Baby, they been sleeping together all this time. They already done did something, can't you tell?" Sadé asked.

I immediately began smirking. Marley's mom is too cool.

"They been doing what?" Clyde asked.

I just looked at him and smiled like I was a little kid.

"Son, we'll discuss this later." My dad added.

"And baby girl we'll discuss this later too!" Sadé yelled while heading to her room.

"C'mon Clyde!" She added

Clyde immediately jumped up and followed her.

"Ass I want Ian." He said while laughing.

"Goodnight guys. Don't try nothing while all of us are in this joint together!" He warned.

"Yes sir." Marley said while smiling.

She looked over at me and then walked towards then room. This girl here is just too much. I got up and headed into the room behind her.