Chapter XIV

** Marley's POV **

It was starting to get late and I needed to get the girls home. Chanel tried to convince me to let them stay with her for another night but I was pretty sure they were giving her hell already.

"I'll be fine auntie." I said with a reassuring smile.

"Okay baby, if you say so. If there's ANYTHING you need, I better be the first one that you call. Okay?" She stressed.

"Yes Ma'am." I said while leaning down and giving her a hug.

Chanel said her goodbyes to everyone in the room and left. I looked over at Riley and Aaliyah laying on each side of Jessica. They were exhausted. Me and Ian laughed as we watched them fight their sleep.

"Baby y'all should go home and get some rest." Ian said.

"I think we should." I agreed.

Jessica immediately shook her head no at the idea. I looked at Ian then down at her confused.

"What's wrong Jessica?" I asked.

"Don't go home. It's not S-A-F-E." She said while trying not to allow the girls to catch on.

"Why not?" I asked.

She looked over at Ian and motioned him to grab her purse. I watched as she rummaged through her belongings carefully. She pulled out a black card and handed it to Ian.

"What's this for momma?" He asked.

"Use my card to get a place for a week or two. My friend Charlie is over the Marriot hotel downtown. Go there and tell her Jessica sent you. When she sees this card she'll understand what's going on." She explained.

I was still confused but I kept my mouth shut. Now is not the time for questions.

"Momma I'm staying with you." He pleaded.

"Nooo, baby I'm fine. See those two guys out there." She pointed.

Both guys were tall and dressed in all black. They were buff and seemed not to have cracked a smile in forever. Just looking at them intimidated me.

"Momma, are you sure?" Ian asked.

"Yes, baby everything is fine. They caught us slipping once but they won't catch us again." She said while smiling.

"Okay momma." Ian said as he leaned over his mom and kissed her.

I stood up and grabbed Riley while he grabbed Aaliyah. They tried to put up a fuss because we were interrupting their slumber but quickly went black to sleep.

I reached my hand out for Jessica to squeeze it.

"Me and Ian will come back by first thing in the morning. See you later my love." I smiled.

"Goodnight guys." Jessica said while waving us goodbye.

As we walked out, both of the guards entered Jessica's room.

"Goodnight." They both said in unison.

"Y'all niggas better watch my momma. Call me if anything happens." Ian warned.

"Yes sir." They both said while smiling.

I guess they do smile after all.

We proceeded to the hospital's exit door and seen three figures standing around my car as if they were waiting on someone.

"Who the hell could this be?" I asked myself.

Ian immediately handed me Aaliyah and walked in front of us

"Excuse me!" He yelled at the three of them.

When the group of people turned around, we couldn't believe our eyes.