Chapter VI

-- A picture of Aaliyah and Riley --

** Ian's POV | 1:00 p.m. **
It was hot as a motherf*cker out here. The sand was burning all of our feet except for Marley's. Despite all that's going on, she seems so free right now. As long as she's good, I'm good.

"Ian we want to get in the water," the girls begged.

"Okay, lets go. You coming Mar?" I asked.

"I'll be there in a minute." She said while waving us off.

I raced the girls to the water, letting them win of course. Aaliyah sat on the shore while Riley went further in, picking up shells.

"Don't go too far Riley." I warned her.

"I won't big brother." She replied.

I felt like a farther figure to her sometimes. My dad always went out on these spur of the moment trips so that's when I step in. He never tells me the details of these trips though. I don't bother to ask either; ignorance is bliss.

I turned around and watched as Mar walked towards us with little buckets and shovels. She was glowing.

"Let's make sandcastles!" She shouted.

The girls immediately got up and ran towards the buckets.

Our end result was a pretty massive castle. Riley used the shells she found as wall decorations. This should keep them busy while Mar and I have a little alone time.

We walked back to our towels, sat down, and watched Riley and Aaliyah play with their masterpiece.

"So babe, how are you feeling?" I asked.

"Actually, I'm feeling pretty good-- right now." She replied.

I kissed her on the cheek and felt her smile.

"They're having a blast," I said while pointing at the girls and their castle.

"Yeah, it feels like these past few days we've been their parents." She said while smiling.

"I agree. It isn't too bad though. This will be us in the future with our own." I turned to her and winked.

"Slow your roll kiddoe." She said while standing up. "When the time is right I would love that though."

She reached her hand out signaling for me to stand up with her. "Dance with me." She insisted.

She turned on the blue JBL speaker and turned on Could You Be Loved by Bob Marley. She instantly lit up. We danced around one another, laughing and singing. Marley was really feeling herself and I was enjoying the moment. I loved seeing her so happy. I grabbed her arms and twirled her in front of me as she smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You're so perfect." I whispered in her ear as the song started ending and we slow danced.

"And you're so perfect-- for me." She added.

She immediately kissed me, intertwining her tongue with mine. I pulled her closely but she quickly backed away.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"We're at the beach fool!" She replied while hitting me.

We both laughed and started gathering our things.

"Time to go girls!" We both called out. "Bring the buckets!"

They sprung up from their spots in unison and began running towards up.

We packed up everything. Settled the girls in and headed back home.

🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕🆕

A/N
Comment what y'all think about these two (Marley and Ian)

Brace yourself because The next chapter will be long but well worth it.