Chapter XXXV

THE NEXT MORNING
** Marley's POV **

I woke up to an empty bed; Ian wasn't there. Today marks my first time not waking up to him. I must admit it feels lonely and cold. His warm embrace provides me with a sense of security, which I am no longer feeling.

I grabbed my phone immediately and dialed his number. Awkwardly, the calls went to voicemail. After numerous attempts to get in touch with Ian I decided to give up.

My phone began vibrating uncontrollably as I scurried to find it in the covers. My heart raced as the sweet thought of Ian returning my calls rished through my mind. Instead of Ian, MOM flashed across my phone. A grim frown plastered over my face as I accepted the call. I answered the phone in a very monotone voice.

"Baby what's wrong?" My mother asked immediately.

"Nothing at all." I sighed.

"You're lying! Since you don't wanna tell me what's up, I'm coming over to see for myself. Be there in a half an hour." She said sternly before hanging up in my ear.

Some kind of way I motivated myself to get out of bed and freshen up. Everything was moving in slow motion for me. I shuffled my feet across the wooden bedroom floor while simultaneously throwing my hair into a high bun.

"Cute or nah?" I said to myself while staring in the huge mirror that covered one of our walls.

"Nah." I sighed as I headed into the living room and kitchen area.

After eating my pieces of toast and washing the dishes the doorbell rang.

"Who is it?" I shouted.

"Me." My mother said from the other side of the door.

I unlocked the door and let her in.

"Oh hey baby." Jessica said after entering behind my mom.

"What's the deal Marley." My mother asked while cutting straight to the chase.

"Damn can you give the girl a hug first." Jessica butted in.

"Hush." My mother demanded.

"Where's Ian, by the way?" Jessica asked.

"Is that the problem baby?" My mother asked me while grabbing my arm.

I couldn't reply. She hit the nail right on the head within a few minites. My eyes immediately began to swell with tears. My mother pulled me in for the best hug ever; there's nothing like a mother's touch.

"Have a seat." My mother said while walking me towards the couch. She was on my left and Jessica was on my right.

"You can't be stressing baby. Remember, you're carrying two blessings inside of you now. You have to be strong for them." Jessica whispered in my ear before laying her head on my shoulder.

Someone's loud ringtone interrupted our touching moment.

"Hello!?"

"Where are you little boy?"

"Get home now!"

"Right fucking now Ian Terell Williams!"

And with that Jessica hung up her phone. She was infuriated.

"I'm gonna handle him." She said before grabbing her keys and leaving.

My mother found Jessica's actions amusing. They were kind of random. It didn't take much to piss Jessica off but at the same time she was such an amazing woman.

"Ian is in for it today." My mother managed to get out between giggles.

"Good." I added while smiling.

"Well baby I gotta get home; the girls are there by themselves." She said while rolling her eyes.

"Alone? I won't be surprised if the house isn't there anymore." I replied while smiling.

"I know right." She agreed before hugging me and walking out the door.

"Love you!" I yelled.

"I love you more!" My mother screamed back before closing the door behind her.

** Ian's POV **

"And you have to be more supportive of Marley! Where the hell you been at?! Huh?" My mom yelled in my face.

I couldn't fix my mouth to tell my mother exactly where I had been. She would really turn up on my ass then.

"Ma chill." I calmly said while rubbing my chin.

"Ain't no fucking chill. Chill your way to that damn house and be with that girl." She said before punching me in my chest.

"Little boy don't try me." She added before getting in her car and speeding off.

That punch hurt like hell, why was she so upset? I had work to do. I understand Marley's pregnant but I have to work to provide for us. My family will always have the best and nothing less.

I headed inside our building and waited for the elevator to take me up to our floor. I didn't know what to expect when I walked in our house. Marley might be just as pissed or more pissed than my mother. God just be with me as I enter this house.

I opened the door slowly and stepped inside. The house was quiet and dim.; the only light came from the sun that was beaming outside.

"Babe?" I said outloud.

I didn't get a reply. I walked towards the living room couch and there laid Marley knocked out cold. She was so beautiful.

I managed to pick her up bridal-style and carry her to our bed. After putting her under the covers I decided to take a quick shower.

When I returned, Marley was wide awake.

"You washing that whore's scent off of you? At least you didn't get in bed with it on you." She said quickly.

What the hell was she talking about. I just decided to ignore her crazy ass; maybe it's the hormones talking. From now on I'm gonna blame everything on the hormones.

"Hey baby." I whispered while climbing in bed behind her.

"Don't touch me." She snapped while jerking in the bed.

"I can touch you! Stop acting stank!" I said playfully while tickling her. The room erupted with her laughter as she squirmed in bed.

"Stop all that moving! You're shaking my babies." I warned before kissing her on the neck.

"We miss you. I don't like that you're always gone now." Marley explained.

I immediately began feeling bad. Is it wrong for a man to work in order to provide for his family.

"I know baby. I miss you too. I'm doing this for us and our kids. Remember?" I asked while nudging under her.

"I know baby. I know." She sighed.

"Good. I promise to start being here more once business dies down a little." I said before pulling a little black box from under my pillow.