Chapter 5

** Ian's POV **

After last night I really wasn't feeling up to this meeting with my dad. Only reason I showed up is because he mentioned that it would be important.

I arrived at his new house and greeted my mother and the girls, Aaliyah and Riley.

"Brother!!!!!" Riley squealed as she ran up to me. Honestly I haven't seen them in so long. Marley hasn't either. honestly, It's time for a family outing.

"We're back here son!" My father yelled from his office.

I proceeded to the back and was met by Clyde, My father and some strange dude.

"Son meet Rock ... He's the guy that helps us out with all out connections on the east side." My father introduced the scrawny guy.

"Wassup." I replied dryly while taking a sip of my iced tea.

"So why have you summoned us here Mr... Rock?" I hesitated. His name was obviously deceiving.

"Well, I'm interested in y'all getting into this deal that's happening over in Jamaica. I won't be able to make it there so I want y'all to fill in for me. I'm not askin for any cut out of the cash or anything." He explained while pulling out four passports.

"Isn't that a little sketchy? Why wouldn't you be coming and why would you not want any money out of the deal?" I interrogated him.

"If y'all do this you guys will have connections all overseas. The money would triple for all of us." He said nonchalantly.

"That's fair." My father commented.

"How about this, you let me and my father discuss this with our families and we'll call you in the next 24 hours. Deal?" I asked.

"Okay, but don't have me waiting too long." The guy grinned wickedly before exiting the room.

"What the hell was that Pops?" I asked slightly infuriated.

"He's an old friend. We go way back son. I think he's really sincere about this." My father spoke calmly.

"Fine. But if anything goes wrong..." I began saying before my dad cut me off.

"Nothing will." He objected before exiting the room and leaving me to stare at he wall.

"You got a point there Ian." Clyde spoke up for the first time today. I forgot he even was present during our meeting.

"I know I do. But what my father says goes." I shrugged while finishing off my drink.

"I'ma try talking to him Ian. It's strange how you'd rather see someone else with millions of dollars that you could've went and got yourself." He admitted.

"We need to beef up security for this trip." I ordered.

"Smart move. I think all the girls should stay together as well. Jessica, Sadé, Marley, the girls and your sons." Clyde mentioned.

"I can't risk getting them hurt. We'll send them on a getaway somewhere nice while we're gone. Ain't no tellin what that nigga try to do while we're gone." I vented while gritting my teeth.

"Calm down, it'll all fall into place." Clyde reassured me before patting me on my shoulder and leaving.

I was the last one to exit the room after everyone else.

"Ian, can we go over to your house?" Aaliyah asked so innocently.

"Come on divas! You guys need to spend time with your nephews anyway." I agreed.