02 | not a bad thing to dream

Would you like to be famous? In what way?

"What do you say to that?" Yumi asked.

"Absolutely not," Jaemin replied instantly. "I know it sounds weird, being a literal social butterfly and all, but the whole 'fame and riches' idea just isn't for me. Why would I want that, when I'm perfectly happy the way I am, just Na Jaemin, the regular human, instead of Na Jaemin the celebrity singer or something? I like my privacy."

"I get your point," she agreed. "What do you mean, celebrity singer? You can sing?"

"Just a bit," he admitted, embarrassed. "It's not a skill I show off."

"Sing for me!" she paused her painting and looked at him. "Please?"

"Maybe later," he compromised. "Right now, what's your answer to the question?"

"I wouldn't mind the idea," she said, "if I did something like, I don't know, making a really good piece of art or something. The thing is, I feel good when people appreciate my work. It sounds ridiculously prideful, but I like the idea of lots of people seeing my art and thinking, 'wow, that's good,' or 'the artist is talented.'"

"It doesn't sound that ridiculous," Jaemin promised, dipping his brush back into the can. "This would work better with one of those roller things, which we sadly don't have access to."

"You sure it doesn't sound ridiculous?" he nodded at her question. "Because I've never dared to tell anyone about it before. I don't want anyone to think I'm prideful or too full of myself or something."

"You don't sound like that," he said with confidence. "It's not a bad thing to dream. Anyone who knows me well can tell that I'm constantly dreaming."

"Of what?"

"Anything, really," he said. "Hopes for the future, what I could have, what I want."

"I wish I could be like that," she sighed. "What does the third one say?"

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 316