20 | friendship's meaning

What does friendship mean to you?

"Adding onto what I said earlier," Yumi said, "having a trust in each other. The trust in each other that you can talk to each other whatever it may be. Sometimes, friends are the only people one can talk to, and being able to do so—doesn't that sound like a true sign of friendship to you?"

Jaemin nodded. "It does," he agreed. "It seems like the sort of thing you always say, but that doesn't make it any less true."

"I'm going to have to ask you to clarify on that."

"What I mean is that you're really...passionate? About some things?" he seemed as if he were searching for the right word. "You have very deep-rooted beliefs about many things, is all I'm saying."

"Well, you're right on that," Yumi told him, checking the time on her phone. Nine-five p.m. "I also believe that true friendship is being there for each other through thick and thin. What does friendship mean to you, Na Jaemin?"

"You remember what I said about accepting each other's differences," he began. Yumi nodded. "For a true friendship, I believe that you have to understand those differences. No one, no one, will ever be the same and you can't just make them be who you want them to be. That's why I believe accepting the differences is one way that truly defines the term friendship."

"Well said," Yumi praised. Jaemin's smile glowed with pride. "Let's hurry a bit. We've only got one more hour left and sixteen more questions to go."

"Alright," he said. "The next one should be easy enough to answer."

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 275