12 | more careful and precise

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?

"Um, be quick with the answer," Jaemin said, "because we're on five minutes now."

"You know what? Forget the timer," Yumi said, plucking his phone out of his hand. "I say we just keep going until the end."

She stopped the timer and handed it back to him. "Because I don't see how we were supposed to get this done in thirty-six minutes, anyway."

"The challenge was to make you fall for me in thirty-six minutes, though."

"So? At the end of it, I'll tell you if you succeeded," she shrugged. "This quiz is fun and it's made me feel lighter than I have in years. I've had the chance to open up about things I've kept to myself way too long and it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. So why not?"

A grin tugged at Jaemin's mouth. "I like the idea. Let's do it. What's your answer?"

"Be more careful and precise," she said. "I'm very clumsy. I drop things and break them and ruin them. It's not on purpose, it's an accident...I must have wasted gallons of water just these past two months for how often I keep accidentally spilling so much."

"Including this here?" he indicated the almost-completely covered up mural.

"Including this here," she agreed. "What about you?"

"This is going to sound dumb," he warned, "but I seriously want the ability to draw a line that's actually straight or a circle that's actually circular and not a deformed oval without the help of rulers and compasses."

Yumi stared at him for a second, and then burst out laughing. "Seriously?" she wheezed. "You're telling me you can't draw straight lines or circles despite the talent you have?"

"Stop laughing at me, it's not my fault," he complained. "You're so mean!"

"Ah, you love me," she teased. He didn't refute that. "So, the next question?"

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 330

A/N: it is after i have dived further into the fandom that i have realized that tbh this could have done better as a renjun fic but oh well. what's done is done. plus, jaemin.