31 | listening, not questioning

Tell your partner something that you like about them already.

"Well...we've known each other for a long time," Yumi said. "Does the question count, if so?"

"Just make it what we like about each other while doing this quiz."

"Alright, then," she looked up at the ceiling. The stars she'd painted glinted dully in the artificial lights pouring in through the window, however dim. "You've been listening to me very well. Most people tend to brush me off, but you're not. I guess I like that."

"You guess?"

"Fine, I love it, then," she had to smile idiotically again. With him, smiling was so much easier. "What do you like about me, Jaemin?"

"You're listening to me, and not questioning to the point it makes me uncomfortable," he said immediately. "A lot of the times when I open up, I get a lot of questions. With you, I'm not."

"Do you realize that it's mostly because I'm afraid of asking the wrong questions—of intruding places I'm not welcome?"

"Those are good reasons," Jaemin told her. "Do you think it's not?"

"I used to think otherwise." She paused, wondering if she should say it. No. Better to wait a little more. "Jaemin..."

"Yes?"

"What's the next question?"

"You were going to say something else, weren't you?" he returned it with a question.

"Yes," she said, "but I'll tell you later. Question number thirty-two?"

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 234

A/N: kind of forgot this book existed I'm sorry but yeah here's the updates you missed