13 | a prophetic glass ball

If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future, or anything else, what would you want to know?

"Isn't that kind of dangerous?" Yumi asked. "I'm a believer in the saying that goes that sometimes, the future is better left unknown."

"I want to say I agree, but I'm too tempted to know," Jaemin said. "But I also think that the idea of a prophetic glass ball is kind of ridiculous."

"The questions prompts us to answer what we'd like to know, though."

"Well, in that case..." he thought about it. "I'd like to know why my friend and I fought back then, and how we can fix it. Sometimes I miss him a lot. It'd be nice to have him back, especially since we did basically everything together."

"That's a nice wish to have," Yumi said. "Mine's a lot more morbid."

"What is it, then?"

"When I'll die. Before you say anything," she held up a hand to stop his surprised words, "it's because I want to live my life to the fullest before I die, and realistically, if I knew when I'd die, then I could do everything a lot more efficiently, no?"

"Han Yumi, I didn't take you for that kind of person," Jaemin remarked. "But I see your point. Still, I'd probably go crazy if I knew when I die. It would be so much stress. I'd wake up and think, 'well, two more weeks until I die,' and those are the kinds of thoughts that will drive me insane."

"Now that I see your point of view..."

"No more philosophizing," he said. "Onto question number fourteen, the second one in the second set."

"We're onto the second set already?"

"Yep. It says..."

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 294