14 | dreaming

Is there something that you've dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?

"I want to tell my parents that I want to do art in college," Jaemin answered it first while Yumi pondered about it. "When you said your parents and your cousins' parents want you all to be doctors, I didn't tell you that my parents may or may not want me to, as well? To be honest, I'm not really sure. I do know they probably won't approve of art as my chosen career in life."

"Would it land in you any trouble if you just said so?"

"Probably not," he admitted. "I'm just scared of their disapproval. It's why I haven't said anything yet. They won't stop me and they'll probably warm up to the idea as the years go by, but even just a little disapproval at something I'm so passionate about just sounds too painful to bear. I might like to think otherwise when I'm angry, but truth is, their opinion matters to me very much."

"Same here," Yumi sighed. "We're all bound to our parents, one way or another."

"We really are," Jaemin said sadly. "What's your answer, though?"

"Say yes to your constant, never-ending and annoying attempts at trying to get me to date you," she said. She wasn't quite sure why she said so when they weren't even halfway through the quiz, but it felt good to get out. "Truthfully, Na Jaemin, I've had a crush on you for a lot longer than you realize."

"I—what—" Jaemin blinked, a look of shock and surprise coming over his face. "Say what now? You've liked me this whole time?!"

"Keep your voice down," she said, laughing. "Of course I have. Why else would I agree to this and not try to make you choose something else as a return for you saving me? And as for my reasons—you know what it is. My parents."

"So...will you say yes or not at the end of this?"

"Oh, we'll see. Read out the next question."

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 348

A/N: stream dreaming by nct dream. DO IT. I LOVE IT SM.