26 | be that person

Complete this sentence: [I wish I had someone with whom I could share...]

"My interests in art and history," Yumi said. The bus pulled up in front of them, making her wait until they were settled in their seats to resume her answer. Thankfully, they were the only passengers. "As I was saying—I wish I had someone to talk about my interests. Most people don't really listen when I start talking. So, yes, it'd be nice to have someone to just talk and talk to until my mouth is tired."

"I'll be that person, if you want," Jaemin offered.

Yumi smiled softly. "Thanks," she said. "I appreciate it."

"No problem," he waved it off. "As for me, I guess those little achievements I make, a few things here and there that make me feel better about myself."

"Such as?"

"I don't know, maybe managing to finish an essay on time for once, or something," he shrugged. "Anything, really."

"Well, I'll be that person," Yumi said. "No objections."

"You're aggressive about it," he remarked.

"It's a sign of affection."

"Uh-huh," he teased, looking down at his phone for the next question. "Okay, it's a lot more serious this time. Not quite the level of the previous one, but yeah, it's up there."

"Go on, then."

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 216