29 | embarrassing moment

Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.

"I don't even like thinking about it, but," Yumi shuddered, "there was this one time in the seventh grade I was chosen to give a speech because our principal was being transferred to another school. It was one of those things they do, sappy compliments, second mother, whatever, even though I quite disliked her. I failed spectacularly."

"How? I can tell it wasn't pretty."

"I was so nervous I kept stumbling over my words," she admitted. "A lot. After about a minute of useless fumbling, I turned and ran offstage and hid in the girls bathroom. I refused to come out until my friends coaxed me out of there. Fun fact, this was actually weeks before the whole thing with my parents exploded. So it's safe to assume my fear of being the center of attention comes from that."

"Ouch," Jaemin said sympathetically. "That's rough. Did anyone give you a hard time?"

"My parents, for one. Also a lot of my classmates. It died out within a few weeks, though it felt like months."

"How does my moment live up to that?" Jaemin wondered out loud. "When I was in the first grade—and don't laugh at me!—I once accidentally called my teacher 'mom.'"

Yumi's laughter exploded out of her. She pressed a hand to her mouth but it was useless, she was laughing too hard.

"Why are you laughing?!" Jaemin demanded.

"I'm sorry," Yumi gasped. "But—"

"Enough, please," Jaemin begged. "No one has let me forget it up until now."

"It's kind of cute, though," she noted, managing to get her laughter under control.

"You're deluded."

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 280

A/N: jaemin, i feel u my bro, i did the same thing in the 1st AND 3rd grade :")