27 | high-maintenance

If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what it would be important for them to know.

"I get angry easily," Yumi said immediately. "Like, you can annoy me pretty easily and it won't take long for that to turn into anger. In short, I have a short temper. It doesn't mean I'm actually upset with you or anything. It's just that my emotions run high, you know? Also—I have a tendency to rant a lot about literally anything. Once I get going, it'll be hard to shut me up. You sure you can take a girlfriend like that?"

Jaemin nearly choked on his own spit, but he cleared his throat and said, "I'm very sure I can take one high-maintenance girlfriend. If I have one by the end of this."

"We'll have to see," Yumi was quite enjoying this. "You do the flirting pretty well, but when it's you being flirted with...not used to it?"

"Definitely not," he agreed. "Also, you never seemed like the type to say things like this. All year I've been thinking you're not one to do the actual flirting back."

"Well, we all hide things, don't we?" she said. "So, what should I be aware of?"

"Pretty much the same thing, I suppose," he gave it some thought. "It's really not that easy for me to open up. I had to steel myself for this questionnaire, tell myself that you of all people aren't going to judge me or make me feel bad or whatever. Even telling you this is mildly freaking me out, so..."

"I understand. If there's anything you want to say, just take your time saying it."

"Really?" he looked relieved when she nodded. "The other thing is, I have a lot of faith that we're not going be distant after this. Despite the humiliations and revelations we've endured in the past hour or so. So, I wish you'd understand when I'm quiet and moody. When I'm bothered, that's what I default to."

"Also completely understandable," Yumi placed her hand atop his. "But, Jaemin, never keep everything in all the time, alright? Don't make the same mistakes I keep making."

"Understood," he lifted his head and met her eyes with a fond smile. "Next question?"

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 382